I have added some more references but this is the first time I have put information on wiki and am struggling with references versus external links. There is no doubt that Lucy-Anne Holmes is notable, could you please edit this as appropriate so that it is accepted. Thanks.
|Notable works||No More Page 3|
Lucy-Anne Homes (born 26th July 1976) is a British feminist activist, writer and actor now living in Brighton. She founded the No More Page 3 in August 2012, a successful activism lead campaign against the Sun's depiction of topless women.
Lucy-Anne Holmes went to Holy Cross Convent School. Chalfont St Peter. She went to university at Queen Mary & Westfield college, London, where she received a BA Hons English literature. She then went on to attend The Poor School in London in 1989 and studied acting. After working as an actor in her 20s, she started writing romantic comedy novels, based on a blog about her disastrous love life in 2006.
Campaign about No More Page 3
The No More Page 3 campaign was founded by Luc-Anne Holmes as a petition to stop the Sun newspaper from printing topless women in provocative poses on page 3 of the daily newspaper. The campaign, based on a team effort which gained the backing of many organisations, MPs and celebrities, was successful, and the topless pictures were discontinued. Holmes has continued to be a face of feminism, speaking out against sexism an the importance of giving voice to the concerns of women and girls.
Holmes has written four novels and a book about the No More Page 3 campaign.
- How to Start a Revolution, 2015
- Just like a girl, Standing in Front of a Boy, 2014 which was nominated for Best Romantic Comedy Novel at the Romantic Novelists Awards.
- Unilke a Virgin, 2011
- The (Im)perfect Girl Friend, 2010
- 50 Ways to Find a Lover, 2009
- "FAQs". No More Page 3. 2012-10-23. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- UK, Louise Ridley Assistant news editor at The Huffington Post (2015-03-08). "Lucy-Anne Holmes On Burnout, Being Skint And Life After No More Page 3". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Activists celebrate one year anniversary since The Sun dropped topless photos of women". The Independent. 2016-01-22. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "No More Page 3 founder Lucy-Anne Holmes: Girlguiding empowers young". Evening Standard. 2015-04-24. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- Holmes, Lucy-Anne (2015-03-26). How to Start a Revolution. Place of publication not identified: Corgi. ISBN 9780552172066. Search this book on
- Holmes, Lucy-Anne (2014-01-30). Just a Girl, Standing in Front of a Boy. Sphere. ISBN 9780751547658. Search this book on
- "Lucy-Anne Holmes". www.penguin.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- Holmes, Lucy-Anne (2011-09-15). Unlike a Virgin. London: Sphere. ISBN 9780751547603. Search this book on
- Holmes, Lucy-Anne (2010-08-06). The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend. London: Pan. ISBN 9780330458405. Search this book on
This article "Lucy-Anne Homes" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lucy-Anne Homes. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.