M. Alex O. Vasilescu
|M. Alex O. Vasilescu|
M. Alex O. Vasilescu is an American computer scientist, known for TensorFaces, and more generally for introducing and extending the tensor framework for computer vision, computer graphics, and machine learning. The National Academies of Science awarded the Keck Futures Initiative grant, and MIT's Technology Review magazine named her to their List of Top 100 Innovators to watch. Her research on TensorFaces, Human Motion Signatures and TensorTextures was featured in various articles in the popular press, such as on the cover of Computer World, and in the New York Times.. Vasilescu was educated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Toronto.
- M.A.O. Vasilescu, D. Terzopoulos (2002) "Multilinear Analysis of Image Ensembles: TensorFaces," Proc. 7th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV'02), Copenhagen, Denmark, May, 2002, in Computer Vision – ECCV 2002, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2350, A. Heyden et al. (Eds.), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2002, 447–460.
- M.A.O. Vasilescu, D. Terzopoulos (2003) "Multilinear Subspace Analysis for Image Ensembles, Proc. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Conf. (CVPR '03), Vol.2, Madison, WI, June, 2003, 93–99.
- M. A. O. Vasilescu, D. Terzopoulos (2005) "Multilinear Independent Component Analysis", "Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR’05), San Diego, CA, June 2005, vol.1, 547–553."
- M. A. O. Vasilescu. "Multilinear projection for face recognition via canonical decomposition". In Automatic Face Gesture Recognition and Workshops (FG 2011), 2011 IEEE International Conference on, pages 476–483, March 2011.
- "The Bold 100 Innovators You Need to Know". Technology Review. 2003-10-01. Retrieved 2019-01-28.
- M. A. O. Vasilescu (2002) "Human Motion Signatures: Analysis, Synthesis, Recognition," Proceedings of International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2002), Vol. 3, Quebec City, Canada, Aug, 2002, 456–460.
- M.A.O. Vasilescu, D. Terzopoulos (2004) "TensorTextures: Multilinear Image-Based Rendering", M. A. O. Vasilescu and D. Terzopoulos, Proc. ACM SIGGRAPH 2004 Conference Los Angeles, CA, August, 2004, in Computer Graphics Proceedings, Annual Conference Series, 2004, 336–342.
- Michael MacMillan (2004) | "Academic Putting a Face on Software Research" (cover article). Computer World (Canada), May 2004
- Eisenberg, Anne (2003-10-09). "Decoding the Subtle Dance of Ordinary Movements". The New York Times. pp. G9.
This article "M. Alex O. Vasilescu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:M. Alex O. Vasilescu. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.