|Founder 👔||Joel Reitman|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Area served 🗺️
|Services||Broadcast Digital Delivery, HD Post Production, CC & DV, Standards Conversions/Duplication, French Adaptation, Print, Motion Graphics, Talent Casting & Payment, DAM, Advertising Clearance, Award Show Management, Blu-ray/DVD Authoring, Satellite & Fibre Feed, Logistics|
Number of employees
MIJO provides services to generate and deliver final broadcast, print, and digital media materials to Canada's advertising, entertainment, and broadcast industries.
MIJO was founded in 1978, by Joel Reitman and Michael Goldberg. The two met as roommates at Ithaca College in upstate New York while studying Communications – and out of the first two letters of each of their names, MIJO was named.
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, MIJO was originally established to offer Canadian feature film marketers a resource for the creation of Product Reels, Trailers, and Television and Radio Commercials. Over time, duplication and distribution of this content – whether produced in-house or otherwise – throughout Canada and North America were added to MIJO's services.
In April 2011, MIJO was purchased by DG DGit.com, a company based in Irving, Texas.
Through MIJO, TV and radio commercials can be digitally delivered to across North America.
- Broadcast Duplication both HD and SD
- Standards Conversions both SD and HD
- Digital Cinema Packaging
- DVD and Blu-ray Authoring and design
- DVD, Blu-ray and CD duplication
- SD and HD AVID Editing
- Pro Tools HD 5.1 Audio recording and mixing
- Dolby E Encoding
- French Adaptation
- French Customization
- Broadcast Design
- Stock Music and SFX
- Talent Payment Services
- MIJO EPK
- Broadcast Clearance
- VEIL Encoding
- Broadcast Verification (BVS)
- SD/HD Closed Captioning
- SD/HD Descriptive Video
- SD/HD Subtitling
- Fibre Optics and Satellite services
- Storage for all Video and Audio masters with online access
- Merchandise Fulfillment
- Worldwide Distribution
- Large Format Digital Printing
- Print Concept, design and layout
- Pre-press Production
- Custom Finishing
- Video/Audio Forensics
MIJO is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. MIJO's TV and radio Digital Distribution network covers broadcasters in North America.
- "Broadcaster Magazine", Online Edition, MIJO HD Digital Distribution launch
- "Post Production Buyers Guide" Online, MIJO purchase of HD Alchemist Ph.C
- "Playback Magazine", MIJO 25th Anniversary article
- "Playback Magazine", Cheaper technology a boon to duplication biz - article includes MIJO, author James Careless
This article "MIJO" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:MIJO. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.