|Maci Bookout McKinney|
|Born||Maci DeShane Bookout|
August 10, 1991
|Spouse(s)||Taylor McKinney (m. 2016)|
Maci Bookout McKinney (born Maci DeShane Bookout, August 10, 1991) is an American reality television personality, author, and public speaker. Born and raised in Chattanooga, Tennessee, she received public attention after being cast in the reality television series 16 and Pregnant in 2009, which documented the pregnancies and first months of motherhood for several young women. Later that year she was cast in the spin-off series Teen Mom, and appeared in each of its four seasons until its conclusion in 2012. In March 2015, Bookout, along with Catelynn Baltierra, Amber Portwood, and Farrah Abraham, returned to MTV for the fifth season of the show, renamed Teen Mom OG.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Bookout was born to parents Gene and Sharon Bookout; she also has an older brother named Matt. After graduating from Ooltewah High School in 2008, she attended Chattanooga State Community College and graduated with an Associate of Arts degree in Spring 2015.
Bookout became pregnant with her first child with then-boyfriend Ryan Edwards, and gave birth to their son, Bentley Cadence Edwards, on October 27, 2008. The two got engaged in 2009 but subsequently ended their relationship in 2010. After the breakup with Edwards, Bookout began dating childhood friend Kyle King. The pair briefly lived together but ended their relationship in 2012 amid rumors of King's infidelity.
Bookout began dating Taylor McKinney, a motocross racer from Texas, in 2012. The pair announced Bookout was pregnant with their first child together in January 2015, and they welcomed daughter Jayde Carter McKinney on May 29, 2015. McKinney proposed to Bookout on January 19, 2016 in Venice Beach, California while filming an episode of Teen Mom OG, shortly before the pair announced Bookout was pregnant with their second child together. She gave birth to son Maverick Reed McKinney on May 31, 2016.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Bulletproof". Goodreads. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "I Wasn't Born Bulletproof". Goodreads. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- Mizoguchi, Karen (June 22, 2018). "Teen Mom's Maci Bookout Tries to Survive 14 Days on Naked and Afraid: 'I Feel Really Confident'". People. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- Stiehl, Christina; Stiehl, Christina (2012-09-12). "'Teen Mom' Reunion Part 2: Kyle Reveals Why He Cheated On Maci". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Check Out Maci Bookout's Pregnancy Photo Announcement! | Wetpaint". Wetpaint. 2015-01-02. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Maci Bookout Welcomes A Baby Girl". MTV News. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "'Teen Mom OG' Stars Maci Bookout and Taylor McKinney Are Engaged". In Touch Weekly. 2016-01-19. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "'Teen Mom OG' Star Maci Bookout Pregnant With Her Third Child". In Touch Weekly. 2016-02-14. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Maci Bookout Welcomes Son Maverick Reed". MTV News. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "Inside 'Teen Mom' Star Maci Bookout's Wedding to Taylor McKinney". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2017-04-27.