Mainframe is the name of three fictional characters appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics.
The Earth-691 iteration of Mainframe appeared in the 2017 Marvel Cinematic Universe film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, voiced by Miley Cyrus.
The Earth-691 version of Mainframe first appears in Guardians of the Galaxy #5 (October 1990), and was created by Jim Valentino.
The Earth-982 version of Mainframe first appears in A-Next #1 (October 1998), and was created by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz.
The Earth-616 version of Mainframe first appears in Marvel Zombies #1 (May 2011), and created by Frank Marrffino and Fernando Blanco.
Fictional character biography
|First appearance||Amazing Adventures #38 (September 1976) (cameo)|
Guardians of the Galaxy #5 (October 1990) (full appearance)
|Created by||Jim Valentino|
|Alter ego||Main Frame|
|Team affiliations||Guardians of the Galaxy (Earth-691)|
|Notable aliases||Vision (Earth-691)|
Search Mainframe (comics) on Amazon.
The Earth-691 version of Main Frame is a future counterpart of Vision that is featured in the title Guardians of the Galaxy. Main Frame is the chief operating system of an entire planet, and the guardian of the shield of hero Captain America. He soon joins the Guardians of the Galaxy spinoff, the Galactic Guardians.
Miley Cyrus voiced Mainframe in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017).
|First appearance||A-Next #1 (October 1998)|
|Created by||Tom DeFalco|
|Team affiliations||A-Next (Earth-982)|
|Abilities||Superhuman strength, flight, energy blasts, projectile weaponry|
Search Mainframe (comics) on Amazon.
The Earth-982 version of Mainframe appears when Iron Man decided to retire from the hero business. Iron Man did not want to let his legacy end, designing an android patterned after the Iron Man armor, and called this robotic warrior Mainframe. Mainframe was brought online when Trolls attacked the young boy Kevin Masterson. Mainframe assembled all of the reserve Avengers and fought to save him. When the fight was over, Mainframe, Stinger, J2, and Kevin (as the new Thunderstrike) formed A-Next, a new team of Avengers.
Right away, Mainframe attempted to establish himself as team leader. He frequently encountered resistance from Stinger (who did not know that Mainframe was a robotic lifeform). But when Mainframe was terminally damaged, exposing his secret, Stinger was one of the first to volunteer to shrink inside to repair him. They later learned that whenever Mainframe was severely injured, he would upload his personality and memories into a replacement body assembled on an orbiting satellite.
Mainframe soon became more than just a high-tech hero to his teammates, he became a friend. He even learned to share his duties as leader with his teammate American Dream.
The Earth-616 character known as Mainframe is an android who is a member of the Guardsman Alpha Squad. He is killed in battle against the zombie Squadron Supreme from the Marvel Zombies universe.
Powers and abilities
Mainframe's robotic body is superhumanly strong, and has jet boosters that allow him to fly. He is equipped with a high-tech sensor array, as well as various energy weapons (lasers, magnetic beams, electric blasts, etc.). He also has projectile weaponry, such as grenades and missiles.
Mainframe's most valuable item is a tiny beacon that, when he is damaged beyond repair or destroyed, sends a signal to a Stark Enterprises satellite and uploads his consciousness into one of the replacement bodies stored there. With the recent destruction of that satellite, it remains to be seen what Mainframe will do.
In other media
- The Earth-982 iteration of Mainframe appears in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., voiced by Jeffrey Combs. This version is a gaming A.I. created by Iron Man that gained his own personality. In the episode "Wheels of Fury", he threatened to destroy the city if Iron Man lost his real-life game, which Mainframe merely saw as continuing to Iron Man's challenge as ordered. The Agents of S.M.A.S.H. primarily led by She-Hulk had to go up against Mainframe's robots in a roller derby. After the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Iron Man defeat Mainframe's robots, Mainframe is persuaded not to attack the city. Desiring to learn more about the real world, Mainframe creates a new body (which resembles his appearance during A-Next) and leaves to see the world. In the episode "Planet Monster" Pt. 2, Mainframe is among those who help the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and the Avengers fight the Supreme Intelligence's forces.
- The Earth-982 iteration of Mainframe is alluded in the Avengers Assemble animated series as Arsenal's modified form. In the episode "Thanos Triumphant", Arsenal's rebuilt form (which resembles Mainframe) is used against Thanos equipped with all the Infinity Stones. However, Arsenal's body gets taken over by Ultron who reshapes it to resemble his body.
- The Earth-691 iteration of Mainframe appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, voiced by Miley Cyrus albeit uncredited. As a member of Yondu's original team, Mainframe appears in one of the mid-credits scene where she speaks through a disembodied robot head when meeting with Stakar Ogord, Martinex, Charlie-27, Aleta Ogord and Krugarr.
- Guardians of the Galaxy #5 (Oct. 1990)
- Galactic Guardians #1–4
- A-Next Vol. 1 #1-13
- A-Next #7-8
- Spider-Girl #83
- Marvel Zombies Supreme #1
- Marvel Zombies Supreme #5
- Behind the Voice Actors - Voice of Mainframe
- "Adam Warlock & Original Guardians Join Marvel Cinematic Universe". 2017-04-20. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Miley Cyrus Joins the MCU in Guardians of the Galaxy 2". 2017-04-21. Retrieved 2017-04-24.
|This Marvel Comics superhero-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Mainframe (comics)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mainframe (comics). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.