Redwing (Marvel Comics)
|First appearance||Captain America #117|
|Created by||Stan Lee (writer)|
Gene Colan (artist)
|Abilities||Telepathic link with Sam Wilson|
Redwing is a fictional bird appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Primarily a supporting character of Falcon, the character exists within Marvel's main shared universe, known as the Marvel Universe.
Redwing appears as a drone in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, and Avengers: Infinity War.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2016)
Redwing debuted alongside the Falcon in Captain America #117 and was created by Stan Lee and Gene Colan.
Fictional character biography
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2016)
In Rio de Janeiro, Sam Wilson encounters a red feathered falcon that he names Redwing. The Nazi Red Skull uses the Cosmic Cube to connect Sam and Redwing by a mental link. Wilson and Redwing then become allies of Captain America. Redwing has been by Falcon's side ever since, fighting villains such as Grey Gargoyle, Viper and Diamondhead. Redwing stayed with Falcon when he became the new Captain America.
Karl Malus later used Redwing's DNA during his experiment on Joaquin Torres which turned him into a human/falcon hybrid. When it was discovered by Joaquin's human/falcon hybrid condition wasn't temporary, Captain America learned from Claire Temple that Joaquin's condition was permanent due to Redwing being vampiric and sporting a healing factor.
Powers and abilities
In his earliest appearances Redwing exhibits a close bond with Sam Wilson, which is confirmed as being a telepathic link by Professor X in Captain America #174 . The Red Skull later reveals that he had used the Cosmic Cube to create a "super-normal mental link" between Sam Wilson and Redwing. Falcon later recalled the experience, stating "Hurt like hell. Being mentally fused with that falcon. Able to see through his eyes."
In other media
Television and Film
- Redwing appeared in The Avengers: United They Stand.
- Redwing appears in The Super Hero Squad Show, with vocal effects provided by Steve Blum.
- Redwing appears in the Avengers Assemble animated series as Falcon's flight pack that can change to "Redwing Mode" and operate independently.
- Redwing appears as a drone in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Captain America: Civil War.
Redwing also appears in Lego Marvel's Avengers and Marvel Contest of Champions. In both games, he is not a playable character, but serves as Falcon's projectile attack, in which he flies towards the selected targets before coming back to Falcon.
- Captain America #186. Marvel Comics.
- All-New Captain America #1. Marvel Comics.
- Captain America: Sam Wilson #3. Marvel Comics.
- Captain America: Sam Wilson #4. Marvel Comics.
- Englehart, Steve. Captain America #186. Marvel Comics, 1975
- Johns, Geoff. Avengers vol. 3 #60. Marvel Comics, 2003
- "Marvel Super Hero Squad Voice Cast". Comics Continuum. 2009-07-28. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- (May 8, 2016), "Captain America Civil War: The Falcon and Red Wing Explained," ComicBook.com. Retrieved October 21, 2016
- Redwing at Marvel Wiki
|This article about a Marvel Comics character is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Redwing (Marvel Comics)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Redwing (Marvel Comics). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.