Majestic Search Engine
|Developer(s)||Majestic 12 Ltd|
Search Majestic Search Engine on Amazon.
Majestic is a community based distributed Web Crawler project supported by contributing community members.
Majestic is a type of web search engine derived from a distributed web crawler (or bot) called MJ12Bot. Majestic maps the links between web pages, rather than the web content itself. This network of links is sometimes called the web graph.
Data compression routines are used to store data for scalable analysis and retrieval via API or a web based interface. The data is derived through a network of Independently owned computers and ISPs crawling the web from decentralised locations called nodes, directed by a central controller which sends "buckets" of URLs to each node for independent crawling. The node bots collect information about all of the links on the URLs in the list. Information is organised in two distinct data sets: Historic Index and Fresh Index. The Historic Index is an index of the web going back over a five year crawl cycle. The Fresh Index covers a crawl cycle of ninety days.
The Majestic Search Engine's data is accessible through APIs in JSON and XML formats or via a web interface
Statistics and General Information
In 2014, Topical Trust Flow was introduced to measure the relative influence of any URL within a specific topic
In 2016, Majestic won the Queen's Awards for Enterprise award in the Innovation category.
- Majestic SEO - Interview of Alex Chudnovsky - http://www.seobook.com/majestic-seo-interview-alex-chudnovsky
- Alex Chudnovsky Linkedin Profile - http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/alex-chudnovsky/2/48/434
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding MJ12bot - http://www.majestic12.co.uk/projects/dsearch/mj12bot.php
- How Majestic Works: http://www.stateofdigital.com/how-majestic-seo-works/
- "Comparative Analysis of Webometrics Ranking State And Private University In Indonesia Ranking With Grey Relational Analysis, Vikor and Entropy Methods" - http://eprints.uny.ac.id/10570/
- "Managing Change at Universities – A selection of case studies from Africa and Southeast Asia" - http://www.international-deans-course.org/uploads/media/Managing_Change_at_Universities_A_selection_of_case_studies_from_Africa_and_Southeast_Asia.pdf#page=88
- "SEO analysis of institutional repositories: What’s the back story?" University of Bath - http://opus.bath.ac.uk/35871/2/or13_kelly_nixon.pdf
- API Reference Guide - http://developer-support.majestic.com/api/
- "TrustRank Teardown – Is Trust a Useful Metric?" - http://www.thesempost.com/trustrank-teardown-is-trust-useful-metric/
This article "Majestic Search Engine" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.