Malik Mohammad Jehangir
|Malik Mohammad Jehangir|
Malik Mohammad Jehangir
|Born||1 October 1963|
Hafizabad District, Punjab, Pakistan
|🏡 Residence||Lahore, Pakistan|
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Punjab|
|👶 Children||Fazeela Jahangir, Faisal Jahangir, Fahad Jahangir, Farhan Jahangir|
|👴 👵 Parent(s)||Malik Muhammad Nazir (father)|
He was born to Malik Muhammad Nazir in Hafizabad District, Punjab, Pakistan.
He did his Masters in Political Science from the University of Punjab, Lahore. In 1962, his father started the White Pearl Group of Companies, (agriculture-based rice and jute mills) in the small village of Solgin Kharl, Jalalpur Bhattian, Hafizabad District, Punjab, Pakistan.
In 1985, he joined the family business of rice husking, milling and trading. In 1989, along with family he started White Pearl Rice Mills, Hafizabad and in 1997 established White Pearl Jute Mills, Hafizabad. In 2003 he acquired Indus Jute Mills Ltd, in Dhabeji.
He was Vice Chairman of Pakistan Jute Mills Association (PJMA) in 2008-09 and Chairman in 2011-12. He was Chairman of Rice Exporters Association of Pakistan (REAP) in 2009-10 and Vice Chairman in 2011-12.
During his tenure, Pakistan’s rice exports registered a growth of 57 percent (about 3.5 million tonnes of rice, including 1.2 million tonnes of Basmati rice and about 2.3 million tonnes of IRRI-6 rice). Yousaf Raza Gillani, former Prime Minister of Pakistan awarded him a Gold Medal for his performance as REAP Chairman during 2009-10.
He along with REAP making strategies that how to enhance rice export of the country.
He is the Honorary Consul General of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar in Pakistan.
- "About us|Board Of Director". Royal Industries. Retrieved 19 April 2014. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "RT" defined multiple times with different content
- "White Pearl Rice Mills Limited". Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Pakistan rice export to KSA rises by 50%". Saudi Gazette. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "Delegation hopes to boost Pakistan rice exports". Arab News. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- Abdul Jabbar Memon. "RICE EXPORTERS ASSOCIATION OF PAKISTAN (REAP) DELEGAT ION'S VISIT TO SOUTH AFRICA 23RD MAY -1ST JUNE, 2010". Archived from the original on 27 September 2011.
- "Rice exports post 57pc growth in 2009/10". The News International. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- "Pakistan misses rice export target". Tribune Pakistam. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "Social Responsibility". RT Royal.
This article "Malik Mohammad Jehangir" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Malik Mohammad Jehangir. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.