|Born||Manan Bashir Wani|
Takipora, Lolab, Jammu and Kashmir
|💀Died||11 October 2018|
Handwara, Kupwara11 October 2018
|Cause of death||Encounter|
|🏫 Education||M.Phil, PhD|
|Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, University of Kashmir, Aligarh Muslim University|
💵 Salary :
|🏢 Organization||Hizbul Mujahideen|
|He was a research scholar and Hizbul Mujahideen commander|
|Notable work||Best Paper Presentation|
|Movement||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir, Kashmir Conflict|
|👴 👵 Parent(s)||Bashir Ahmed Wani and Shameema|
Manan Bashir Wani chiefly known as Manan Wani or Mannan Wani (died 11 October 2018) was a resident of the Indian administered region of the Jammu and Kashmir. He was a PhD scholar and Hizbul Mujahideen commander who was killed by Indian security forces on 11 October 2018 during a gunfight at Handwara.
Life and background
Manan was born in Tikipora village in Lolab area of Kupwara district. He did his Primary education from a nearby school and then received his Secondary education. After completing his initial schooling, he moved to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for further studies. Before joining the boarding schools, he did Graduation from University of Kashmir. It was 2011 when he went to Aligarh Muslim University where he was pursuing Master’s degree and M.Phil. In the same university, he pursued Doctor of Philosophy in Geology.
Manan received the Best Paper Presentation Award which was aimed at water, environment, energy and society (ICWEES) and was conferred to him during an International Academic conference organized by Texas A&M University at Rabindranath Tagore University Bhopal in 2016. The event was attended by 400 delegations from 20 countries.
Manan Wani was killed by Indian security forces on 11 October 2018 during a gunfight in Handwara town of Kupwara district After a day of his killing, Chief minister Mehbooba Mufti (now former) stated his death as a "loss". Authorities then blocked Internet services when clashes erupted between forces and civilians in solidarity with him.
- 2016–17 Kashmir unrest
- Burhan Wani
- Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir
- Kashmir Solidarity Day
- Stone pelting in Kashmir
- UN mediation of the Kashmir dispute
- Naqash, Rayan (2018-01-12). "'True Indian' to 'Hamza Bhai': A Kashmiri man's journey from Aligarh Muslim University to militancy". Scroll.in. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "Research Scholar-Turned-Hizbul Terrorist Killed In Kashmir Encounter". NDTV.com. 2018-10-11. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- Sharma, Daamini (2018-10-11). "Here's why Manan Wani's neutralisation is the biggest victory for security forces". Republic World. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "Two militants, including Hizbul commander Manan Wani, killed in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir's Handwara town". Firstpost. 2018-10-11. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "Manan Wani among 2 militants killed in encounter". Deccan Herald. 2018-10-11. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "AMU Scholar Chooses Gun Over PhD, Family Requests Him to Return". The Quint. 2018-01-11. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "Manan Wani, the new face of Kashmiri resistance". The Express Tribune.
- "Manan Wani: Once an icon in Tikipora village for pursuing PhD, research scholar dies after embracing militancy". Firstpost. 2018-10-11. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "Scholar-Turned-Militant Manan Wani Killed in Kupwara". NewsClick. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "AMU row: How student-turned-terrorist Mannan Wani's death got politicised". DailyO. 2018-10-18. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "Kashmiri Scholar-Turned-Militant Manan Wani's March to Death". The Wire. 2018-10-11. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "PhD Scholar-Turned-Terrorist Mannan Wani 'Explains' Why he Chose Gun Over Pen in Open Letter". India News, Breaking News, Entertainment News | India.com. 2018-07-17. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- FE Online (2018-01-10). "Who is Mannan Wani? Know about AMU research scholarfrom J&K who has joined Hizbul Mujahideen". The Financial Express. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "International Conference on Water Environment Energy And Society". 10Times. 2016-03-18. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "From Sainik School to Hizbul Mujahideen - the journey of Manan Wani - Who is Manaan Wani?". The Economic Times. 2020-02-23. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- Arya, Major Gaurav (2018-10-11). "Manan Wani neutralised". Republic World. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- "Manan Wani's death Kashmir's loss: Mehbooba". Rising Kashmir. 2018-10-11. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- Ehsan, Mir (2018-10-12). "Kashmir Valley shuts after killing of PhD scholar-turned-militant Manan Wani". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
This article "Manan Wani" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Manan Wani. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.