Manu Pratap (born December 23, 1986) is an Indian lead artist, programmer, and associate art director at VertCraft Studios, known for his work in the video games Dead Island 2 and Middle-earth: Shadow of War. He studied computer science at University of Delhi, before searching for work in the Video game industry.
Manu's first video game work was as an intern at Dhruva Interactive. In 2012, he became an Environment Artist on Halo 5: Guardians and Forza Horizon 2, before becoming associate art director on Dead Island 2. He was later chosen to lead on Middle-earth: Shadow of War as a senior lead artist, a role he continued during the development of the game. In addition, Manu has also written codes and scripts. He worked on some projects as a character artist, prior to the creation of his own style for the digital sculpture. He wrote many articles on technology and art. He has been interviewed by The Algorist of Digital Art magazine.
Manu Pratap was born on December 23, 1986 to a Hindu family at a small town known as Sunhera, in Baghpat district (Uttar Pradesh). His father Mahipal Singh was a small businessman; his mother Anita was a housewife. Manu was the oldest of two brothers in his family. His ancestors had been wealthy landowners, with numerous properties and large tracts of land. But due to harsh situations and medical problems faced by ancestors, they lost a lot of lands in medical treatments. His Father struggled a lot in his life to make Manu study in a convent school and later in University of Delhi.
Manu lives in Delhi with his wife, Tattoo artist Lovely Chaudhary. The couple first met in 2003, started dating in 2010, and married on May 6, 2011, in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. Manu has a son Aaranya, to whom he loves the most. According to him, his life had a boost because of Aaranya. He is very lucky for him and Lovely.
In his school years, Manu had average grades but was described as a bright and hardworking student who had a strong desire to learn. He spent hours on his studies, especially mathematics & physics. After completing his education at the Christu Jyoti Convent School, Baghpat, Manu went on to attend University of Delhi, from where he graduated in Computer science in 2007. He, later on, finished his Master of Arts and started preparing for the Civil Services Examination (India), which is one of the prestigious government jobs in India. Manu once has been selected for Delhi Police Sub-inspector, but would not continue this as a career. He was focused to be an Indian Administrative Service but life changed his track purposely or randomly to a new path. He self-taught himself Digital art and starting his internship in Dhruva Interactive where later on he dedicated almost 4 years. Computer science was his background so that was quite easy and interesting for him to shorten out the technicalities faced by his team members. He soon promoted to lead and from then he still developing his skills.
In 2011, Manu joined Dhruva Interactive on Internship, before being promoted to a full-time position as a Video game artist a year later. During the development of Forza Horizon 2 (2013) and Halo 5: Guardians (2014), Manu continued to ask Art director about joining the technical team. Company restrained from moving him to the technical team, as he was originally employed as an artist, but agreed to review Manu's technical skills if he completed them after working hours. In following years, on the development of Dead Island 2, Manu was skilled in the technical as well as art, and gave him the role of lead game artist for Dead Island 2 (2015). In this position, he worked closely with senior art director to design the environment of Dead Island 2. Manu also worked on the organinc environment of Middle-earth: Shadow of War, and promoted to senior lead artist for future. He has done several freelance projects with collaboration with Keywords Studios and Art Bully. He is very effecient in training new people as he breathe this industry. According to him, People join this industry for bucks but he did to be creative as well. While his tenure at Vertcraft Studios he's a senior lead artist with a few AAA (video game industry) titles in his pocket.
|2011||Forza Motorsport 4||Trainee artist|
|2013||Forza Motorsport 5||Junior game artist|
|2013||Payday 2||Environment, technical artist|
|2014||Forza Horizon 2||Game artist|
|2015||Halo 5: Guardians||Experienced artist|
|2017||For Honor||Lead artist|
|2017||Middle-earth: Shadow of War||Lead artist|
|2018||Dead Island 2||Lead artist, associate AD|
|2018||State of Decay 2||Senior lead artist|
|TBA||Iron Harvest||Senior lead artist|
|March 27, 2017||Guset of Honor||Speaker||Evolution: Games and Motions|
|May 30, 2017||Jury||Art||Competitiveness in Digital Art|
This article "Manu Pratap" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Manu Pratap. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "Game Development Company". Dhruva. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- Goodrich, Brien; Longo, Tim (2015-10-27), Halo 5: Guardians, Ike Amadi, Laura Bailey, Steve Blum, retrieved 2018-08-13
- "Halo - Official Site". Halo Waypoint. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Forza Motorsport". www.forzamotorsport.net. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Dead Island 2 is still coming, says official Twitter account". pcgamer. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Dead Island II Wiki Guide - IGN". IGN. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Shadow of War". www.shadowofwar.com. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "University of Delhi". www.du.ac.in. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Why is a Computer Science degree used in game development?". www.gameindustrycareerguide.com. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Forza Horizon 3 for Xbox One and Windows 10 | Xbox". Xbox.com. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Forza Horizon 2". forzamotorsport.net. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Welcome to the Halo Universe | Xbox". Xbox.com. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Gurgaon Based Lakshya Digital Acquired by Keywords Studios For $ 4 Mn - Inc42 Media". Inc42 Media. 2014-11-11. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- Digital, Lakshya. "Lakshya Digital - A Keywords Studio". lakshyadigital.com. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "About Us". Art Bully Productions LLC - Game and Cinematic Art Services. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "List of best-selling PC games", Wikipedia, 2018-08-11, retrieved 2018-08-13
- "Most Anticipated AAA Games of 2017". CGMagazine. 2017-01-20. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "Official List of AAA and AA Games by Platform - System Wars". GameSpot. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- "1. "Dragon Ball Fighter Z"". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-08-13.