|Birth name||Mark William Pettitt|
|Born||21 June 1999|
Johannesburg, South Africa
Mark Pettitt (born 21 June 1999) is a South African singer/ songwriter.. After finishing school in 2017, he became a marimba ensemble coach at Dainfern College where he had previously played a key role while still in school at leading them to second place overall in the South Africa National Eisteddford. Pettitt began his songwriting career in 2018 in his first year outside of school and released his first single "You'll Come Around" on 13 October 2018
Mark Pettitt, was born on 21 June 1999 in Johannesburg. He is one of four siblings with two older brothers and a younger sister. He is the grandson of English-born Zimbabwean conductor Derek Hudson.
2018-2019: Self release
Pettitt began 2018 as a marimba ensemble coach a few local schools in Johannesburg. In his spare time he began to formally write his own music and eventually released his first single "You'll Come Around" on 13 October 2018. He then released his second single "Lost Friends" on 16 November 2018. To date, Lost Friends has over 130 000 plays on Soundcloud and marked a significant step in the artists career.
Pettitt says that he draws inspiration from lots of different artists across different genres. In particular he names Illenium and Marshmello as two artists he particularly likes. While he has written music for the different genres, he says that as he has aged, his style has come to resemble that of more popular music:
I started writing songs and composing from a young age and I’ve taken that passion with me throughout my life to where I am now. I’ve written all kinds of music, but I seem to settle more in the popular genres you hear on radio.
- "Artist Spotlight: Mark Pettitt". 102.3 WOW! Radio. 2019-01-24. Retrieved 2019-04-27.
- Seemela, Masego (3 January 2018). Caxton & CTP Printers and Publishers Ltd. Fourways Review https://fourwaysreview.co.za/272592/72-dainfern-college-class-2017-matrics-receive-100-per-cent-pass-rate/. Retrieved 24 April 2019. Missing or empty
- Reporter, Review. Copyright © 2019 Caxton & CTP Printers and Publishers Ltd. Fourways Review https://fourwaysreview.co.za/233929/dainfern-college-congratulates-their-marimba-band/. Retrieved 24 April 2019. Missing or empty
- Mark Pettitt (2018-10-13), You'll Come Around | Mark Pettitt (Official Audio), retrieved 2019-04-27
- "Derek Hudson (Conductor) - Short Biography". www.bach-cantatas.com. Retrieved 2019-04-27.
- Lost Friends - Single by Mark Pettitt, retrieved 2019-04-27
- Mark Pettitt - Lost Friends, retrieved 2019-04-27
This article "Mark Pettitt" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mark Pettitt. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.