|Date of birth||26 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)|
|University||East Carolina University|
|Rugby union career|
Search Matt Hughston on Amazon.
Hughston has previously played for the Rugby United New York (RUNY), New Orleans Gold, the Ohio Aviators, and the United States national under-20 rugby union team.
Hughston attended high school at Providence High School, in Charlotte, North Carolina. After graduating, he furthered his education at East Carolina University. He graduated with a B.S. in Hospitality Management.
Hughston started playing rugby in high school in 2007. He continued playing at East Carolina.
Hughston was a member of the Ohio Aviators for the 2016 PRO Rugby season. In 2018, Hughston signed with the New Orleans Gold for their inaugural season in Major League Rugby. In their opening game, against the Houston SaberCats, he scored a try in the 58th minute. New Orleans won 35-26. Following the 2018 season, Hughston signed with the expansion side New England Free Jacks; with New England not set to join the league until 2020, he was loaned to Rugby United New York for the 2019 season. Following the 2019 season, Hughston would sign with another expansion team, Old Glory DC. Following the cancellation of the 2020 MLR season, Hughston signed with the Miami Sun, a rugby tens team competing in the World Tens Series.
- "Matt Hughston". nolagoldrugby.com. Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- "Ohio Aviators Matt Hughston: A Stellar Season Cut Short : Rugby Wrap Up". rugbywrapup.com. Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- "Matt Hughston". USA Rugby. Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- "Old Glory DC is Proud to Welcome Former PRO Rugby, NOLA Gold and Rugby United New York Standout Player Matt Hughston to the 2020 Squad". oldglorydc.com. Retrieved 2020-10-26.
- "New Orleans Gold Signs Matt Hughston: Major League Rugby". djcoilrugby.com. Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- 2018 Major League Rugby season#Week 1
This article "Matt Hughston" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Matt Hughston. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.