Matt Tittle is an American Unitarian Universalist minister who officiated the first same-sex marriage in New Zealand, author, and former Naval officer and assistant professor of psychology at the University of Illinois.
Tittle grew up in Charleston, South Carolina; received his bachelor's degree from the University of South Carolina, and became a United States Navy intelligence officer. He saw combat action in Grenada and Lebanon. He received his Ph.D. in educational psychology at University of Illinois, a master's degree in teaching Russian from the University of Illinois, a M.A. in national security affairs from the Naval Postgraduate School, and is a graduate of the Defense Language Institute. He was an assistant professor of psychology at University of Illinois.
He graduated from Meadville Lombard Theological School in 2004 with a Master of Divinity degree.
In 2013, Tittle moved to New Zealand to be a Unitarian minister at Auckland's Unitarian Universalist church. Tittle officiated the first same-sex marriage in New Zealand, at the church on August 18, 2013.
- Tittle, Matthew (2006), Taking Back Faith: Heretical Thoughts for a New Century, iUniverse, ISBN 978-0595391110
- Tittle, Gail; Tittle, Matt; Forsyth-Vail, Gail (2009), Harvest the Power: Developing Lay Leadership, Unitarian Universalist Association
- Tittle, Gail; Tittle, Matt (2010), Bless All Who Serve: Sources of Hope, Courage and Faith for Military Personnel and Their Families, Skinner House Books, ISBN 978-1-55896-566-9
- Tittle, Matt (2012), Stanley the Very Fine Squirrel, Charlo Nocete (illustrator), Xlibris, ISBN 978-1469126227
- Harbord, Eamon (July 29, 2010), "Digital minister's path takes him to Paramus", The Record, Bergen County, Jew Jersey
- Matt Tittle (May 1, 2010), Rev. Matt’s last post, Houston Chronicle
- Lee, Jess (March 5, 2013), Same-sex marriage: City churches say no but one is taking a different stand, stuff.co.nz
- New Zealand gay couples hold first weddings, BBC, August 19, 2013
- Schmidt, Christian (August 23, 2013), "Making waves in marriage, and other UUs in the media: A big same-sex marriage in New Zealand and other marriage news", UU World, Uniterian Universalist Association, retrieved 2015-01-16
- Maas, Amy (August 19, 2013), Historic day arrives for same-sex couples, stuff.co.nz
- Ali, Mahvash (July 19, 2013), Vicar steps in after Anglican Church says no to gay wedding
- First same-sex couples tie the knot in New Zealand, AFP, August 19, 2013 – via StarAfrica.com
- Faculty profile: Dr. Matthew Tittle, Capella University, retrieved 2015-04-15
This article "Matt Tittle" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.