Matthew Gould (footballer)
Matthew Richard Gould (born 7 January 1994) is an English and New Zealand professional footballer who plays as goalkeeper for National League North side Spennymoor Town.
Gould began his club career with New Zealand top division side Hawkes Bay United in July 2011 before moving to Armadale F.C. of the National Premier Leagues Western Australia in February 2014 where he made 26 appearances.
Gould signed for Cheltenham Town on 5 September 2014.
On 13 January 2015, Gould joined Bishops Cleeve on a month long loan.
Gould signed a one-year contract at Livingston on 4 August 2015.
He joined fellow Scottish side Stenhousemuir on loan in November 2015, before returning to Livingston in January 2016.
Gould originally joined Stourbridge on loan from Livingston in January 2016, before signing a permanent deal on 1 July 2016.
In 2016 -17 season, Stourbridge enjoyed their greatest ever FA Cup run that came to end in the third round, following a 2-1 defeat away to Wycombe Wanderers.
Stourbridge finished third in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, reaching the play-off final. Stourbridge lost the final 1-0 against Spennymoor Town.
In his final appearance for the Glassboys, Gould won the Birmingham Senior Cup final.
On 1 July 2018, Gould joined for Spennymoor Town on a free transfer.
Over the course of the 2018-19 season, Gould made 50 appearances for Spennymoor and kept 20 clean sheets which contributed to their fourth place finish in the National League North. They went on to reach the play-off final against Chorley. The match finished 1-1 after extra time, with Gould saving two penalties in the 4-3 penalty shootout defeat.
Matthew Gould is the son of former Coventry City, Celtic and Scotland goalkeeper, Jonathan Gould and grandson of former Coventry City player and Wimbledon F.C. manager Bobby Gould. He is also a nephew of Richard Gould, the current Chief Executive of Surrey County Cricket Club.
- "Keeper Gould joins Cheltenham". Sky Sports. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "Loan move for goalkeeper Matt Gould". www.ctfc.com. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- admin (2015-08-04). "New keeper signs on". Livingston Football Club. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- Nov 20, Terry Bulloch |; News | 0, 2015 | (2015-11-20). "Player Signing". Stenhousemuir FC. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "Matt Gould - 1st Team - Stourbridge FC". www.stourbridgefc.com. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "Wycombe Wanderers 2-1 Stourbridge". 2017-01-07. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "2016–17 Northern Premier League", Wikipedia, 2019-02-23, retrieved 2019-06-14
- "Birmingham Senior Cup", Wikipedia, 2019-05-02, retrieved 2019-06-14
- "Player Profiles". Spennymoor Town FC. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "2018–19 National League", Wikipedia, 2019-06-11, retrieved 2019-06-14
- "National League North & South play-off finals: Woking & Chorley win promotion". 2019-05-12. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- Association, Press (2011-03-07). "Somerset chief executive Richard Gould joins Surrey". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
Matthew Gould (Footballer)
This article "Matthew Gould (footballer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Matthew Gould (footballer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.