Matthew Tee Kai Woon
Matthew Tee Kai Woon
At 44th (IFAWPCA)
|Born||25th of November 1975|
|Occupation||Executive Director of Bina Puri Holdings Bhd|
Datuk Matthew Tee Kai Woon is the Group Executive Director of Bina Puri Holdings Bhd, a Malaysian conglomerate which is public listed company on Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE) stock and operating in 10 industries with core businesses in civil and building engineering management, property development, quarry operations, utilities and highway concession. He set foot at Bina Puri in December 2003 as Special Assistant to the Group Managing Director, later on appointed as Executive Director on 1 December 2009 and was eventually re-designated as Group Executive Director on 7 March 2013.
Background[edit | edit source]
Tee Kai Woon was born on 25th of November 1975. His father, Tee Hock Seng, is the group managing director of Bina Puri Holdings Berhad. He moved to Auckland, New Zealand at the age of 15 and attended Kelston Boys High School with his brothers. This is where he discovered his talent for good finance after getting the responsibility of managing their allowances. He took on various odd jobs as a student to attain valuable experiences. Later he pursued his interest further by graduating with a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Auckland before completing a CPA program from Australia. He is also a Certified Financial Planner (Financial Planning Association of Malaysia).
Career[edit | edit source]
In his early career, he was a Business Services Accountant in Marsden B. Robinson Chartered Accountants (New Zealand) from 1998 to 1999, then he worked in the audit department at PricewaterhouseCoopers from 1999 to 2001, later at Chinese Maternity Hospital as an Administrator from 2001 to 2003 before joining Bina Puri. 
Bina Puri[edit | edit source]
At Bina Puri Group he manages and run a third generation of family business in the construction industry and has been aggressively diversifying the company’s core construction business into recurring income models including Highway concession, Power utility, and property development. He is also an Executive Director of KL-Kuala Selangor Expressway or LATAR Expressway, a 33km highway, Non-Executive Director of Chin Teck Plantations Berhad, and Director of PT Megapower Makmur Tbk.
He was the vital part of the team which got Bina Puri Power subsidiary, PT. Megapower Makmur Tbk listed in the Indonesia Stock Exchange. Being a firm supporter of renewable energy, he aims to expand the mini hydro power plant portfolio by expanding in South Sulawesi, Indonesia and Tuaran, Kota Belud in Sabah.
Government advisor positions[edit | edit source]
- Board Member, Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB).
- Board Member, Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT).
- Chairman of Board Audit Committee, Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT).
- Member, National Science Council (NSC).
- Board of Advisory, Construction Labour Exchange Centre Berhad (CLAB).
Prestige construction industry positions[edit | edit source]
- President, Master builders Association of Malaysia (MBAM) for terms 2012-2014 and 2014-2016.
- 44th President, International Federation of Asian and Western Pacific Contractors' Association (IFAWPCA).
- Honorary Treasurer General, Malaysian Steel Structural Association (MSSA).
- Council Member, Road Engineering Association of Malaysia (REAM) for term 2017-2019.
- Member, Advisory Committee on Hotel and Tourism Management by the Chinese University of Hong Kong(CUHK) for term 2017-2018.
Honors[edit | edit source]
Royal orders and conferment’s[edit | edit source]
On 14th October 2016, the Yang di-Pertua Negeri of Melaka Mohd Khalil Yaakob made Matthew Tee Kai Woon a Companion Class II of Melaka (Malay: Darjah Pangkuan Seri Melaka, D.P.S.M), which entitles its holder to the title Dato'.
Business honors[edit | edit source]
- 'Property CEO Award, International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI, Malaysian Chapter)' (2018).
Industry honors[edit | edit source]
- ‘Highly Commended Residential Renovation for Main Place Mall and Residence (APPA, Asia Pacific Property Awards).
- ‘Highly Commended Commercial Renovation for Main Place Mall and Residence (APPA, Asia Pacific Property Awards).
References[edit | edit source]
- "Executive Director". Latar. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- Staff writer(s) (2018-11-18). "Building success based on integrity". The Star Malaysia. Daily newspaper. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Bina Puri Holdings Bhd (BPURbi.KL)". Reuters. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Board of Directors and Key Senior Management". chinteck. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "BOARD PROFILE". megapowermakmur. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Bina Puri unit makes strong debut on Indonesian bourse". www.nst.com.my. Bernama. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- "Spearheading Construction Transformation" (PDF). Parlimen Malaysia. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "who are we". MIGHT. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Datuk Matthew Tee Kai Woon President". ifawpca2018. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Towards A Safer & Healthier Industry" (PDF). www.cidb.gov.my. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- "Interior specialists to the fore". thestar. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Bina Puri eyes IPO of Indonesian unit to recoup investment". theedgemarkets. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Tee to lead international contractors' federation". thestar. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Digitalised procurement system to be implemented in 2020, says Works Minister". thesundaily. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "MSSA 5TH COUNCIL MEETING". The Malaysian Structural Steel Association (MSSA). Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Construction Law Conference" (PDF). aiac.world. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Advisory Committee on Hotel and Tourism Management". the Chinese university of Hong Kong. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- "Recipients of Medals, Star and Medal". istiadat. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- "Nine recognized at prestigious 26th Malaysia Property Award". theborneopost. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Asia Pacific 2016 Award Winners". propertyawards. Retrieved 2019-06-12.
Others articles of the Topic Malaysia : J. Philip Vincent, Nik Omar Nik Abdul Aziz, Mohd Eekmal Ahmad
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
Category:1975 births Category:Living people Category:People from Selangor Category:Malaysian people of Hokkien descent Category:Malaysian people of Chinese descent Category:Malaysian businesspeople Category:Malaysian business executives
This article "Matthew Tee Kai Woon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Matthew Tee Kai Woon. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.