Script error: No such module "Draft topics". Script error: No such module "AfC topic".
|First appearance||Moana (2016)|
|Created by||Ron Clements|
|Voiced by||Dwayne Johnson|
Demigod of the Wind and Sea
Hero of Men and Women
|Family||Gods (adoptive family)|
Search Maui (Moana) on Amazon.
Maui (//) is a fictional character from Walt Disney Animation Studios' 56th animated film, Moana. Created by directors Ron Clements and John Musker, and voiced by Dwayne Johnson in the film, he is the deuteragonist. Maui is loosely based on Māui from Hawaiian mythology. In the film, Maui is depicted as a demigod who was abandoned by his parents and eventually adopted by the Gods. He owns a fish hook which allows him to shape-shift into different animals. He helps Moana on her mission to restore the heart of Te Fiti after having stolen it and releasing devastation into the ocean.
Origins and Concept
In December 2, 2014, it was announced that Dwayne Johnson was in talks to voice Maui in Disney film Moana. A day later, Johnson tweeted that he was going to voice the character. Johnson stated that he first got the news of being the cast in the movie when he was going to China to promote a movie. Johnson's agent told him before he got on the plane. Johnson said hearing the news was "awesome". For his role, Johnson was paid $21 million.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2020)
In Moana, Maui is known as a legend who owns a fish hook allowing him to shape-shift into different animals, and stole the heart of Te Fiti, causing the ocean to suffer. Moana later convinces Maui to help her restore the heart of Te Fiti. Maui claims that he needs his fish hook to restore the heart resulting in Moana and Maui meeting Tamatoa, a crab obsessed with shiny things. After successfully retrieving the fish hook, Maui and Moana set off to restore the heart. During their journey, Maui tells Moana about his past. He says that he was abandoned by his parents and adopted by the Gods. When Moana and Maui find Te Ka, a spirit risen due to the stealing of the heart of Te Fiti, they fail to get past her and Maui's hook is badly damaged. Upset and let down, Maui leaves Moana. After Moana almost succeeds in getting past Te Ka, Maui rejoins Moana and helps distract Te Ka. Maui later fights Te Ka and destroys his hook. Moana realises that Te Ka is Te Fiti, corrupted without her heart. Moana restores the heart and Te Fiti who gifts Maui with a new fish hook.
- Forrest, Suse (June 2, 2020). "Is Disney's 'Moana' Based On a True Story?". Showbiz Cheat Sheet. Retrieved November 18, 2020.
- Caldwell, Ellen C. (June 6, 2017). "The Polynesian Origin Myths Behind Disney's Moana". JSTOR Daily. Retrieved December 1, 2020.
- Ge, Linda (December 2, 2014). "Dwayne Johnson in Talks to Voice Key Role in Disney's 'Moana'". TheWrap. Retrieved November 24, 2020.
- Dwayne Johnson [@TheRock] (December 3, 2014). "Excited to star as "Maui" in Disney's next big animated musical, MOANA. Incredible story! **clears throat #TimeToSing" (Tweet). Retrieved November 24, 2020 – via Twitter.
- Huver, Scott (August 24, 2015). "Dwayne Johnson Was Rocked By His Casting in Disney's Animated 'Moana'". CBR. Retrieved November 24, 2020.
- Pevens, Lane (October 21, 2020). "Here's How Much Dwayne Johnson Was Paid For 'Moana'". TheThings. Retrieved November 24, 2020.
- Golder, Andy (October 20, 2020). "I'm Gonna Ask You 20 Questions — All About The Movie "Moana" — And You'd Better Get 'Em Right". BuzzFeed. Retrieved November 18, 2020.
- Chang, Justin (November 22, 2016). "Review: Disney's gorgeous 'Moana' offers sweet relief to audiences looking for an escape from everyday reality". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 30, 2020.
- McDonnell, Brandy (November 23, 2016). "Movie review: 'Moana'". Oklahoman.com. Retrieved November 30, 2020.
Others articles of the Topics Disney AND Animation : Adriana Caselotti, André (Pixar character), Strange World (film), Frozen 2, AT&T-TimeWarner, Searcher Clade
Others articles of the Topics Animation AND Film : Nickelodeon Animation Studio, André (Pixar character), Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, AT&T-TimeWarner, Chicken Run 2, Mona Al Sabban
Others articles of the Topics Disney AND Film : AT&T-TimeWarner, Draft:Untitled Star Wars/Kevin Feige Project, André (Pixar character), Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (upcoming film)
Others articles of the Topic Disney : Further Adventures in Babysitting (2016 film), American Broadcasting Company, Draft:Untitled Star Wars/Kevin Feige Project, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (upcoming film), List of Disney Princess firsts, List of Disney Channel series, List of Japanese voice actors dubbing Disney characters
Others articles of the Topic Animation : Carl Brutananadilewski, Mona Al Sabban, Cletus Spuckler, Planet Panic (Animated Short), Chicken Run 2, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, Frozen 2
Others articles of the Topic Film : Nayan-Apon Production, Ahmed Ziad, Crack (2017 film), Cyborg (upcoming film), Rogue Squadron (film), Annu Kapoor, Annu Kapoor
This article "Maui (Moana)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Maui (Moana). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.