MeKin2D is a subroutine package written in Free Pascal for the kinematic simulation of planar linkages using a modular approach,   for synthesis and analysis of disk-cam mechanisms, and for involute gear generation. 
Also available are efficient numerical subroutines for solving the kinematics of 6R triads and 6R tetrads.
Input modules available in MeKin2D are cranks, sliders, simple and double oscillating slide, powered triad and powered tetrad (either grounded as shown in the companion figure or floating).
Cam profiles are generated as follower envelopes, where the profile is extracted using a family of radial lines. Similarly, involute gears are generated as rack envelopes.
Among the unique features of MeKin2D are (i) the ability to generate repetitive mechanisms, (ii) showing velocity and acceleration (normal and tangential) as vectors, (iii) attaching polygonal shapes to moving links (which can include fillets and chamfers), (iv) showing dynamically linear and angular dimensions, (v) showing power screws with the screw actually rotating etc.
Articles featuring MeKin2D simulations
- Cam-follower mechanism
- Cognate linkage
- Dwell mechanism
- Four-bar linkage
- Leg mechanism
- Linkage (mechanical)
- Loader (equipment)
- Mechanical function generator
- Parallel manipulator
- Robot kinematics
- SCARA robot
- Spring pendulum
- Steering linkage
- Assur group
- Free Pascal
- Working Model 2D
- University of Minnesota LINKAGES
- Rector's Linkage recent developments
- Hansen, M.R. (1996). "A general Method for Analysis of Planar Mechanisms Using a Modular Approach". Mechanism and Machine Theory. 31 (8): 1155–1166.
- Varbanov, H.; Yankova, T.; Kulev, K.; Lilov, S. (2006). "S&A Expert System for Planar Mechanisms Design". Expert Systems with Applications. 31 (3): 558–569.
- Simionescu, P.A. (2014). Computer Aided Graphing and Simulation Tools for AutoCAD Users (1st ed.). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press. ISBN 978-1-4822-5290-3. Search this book on
- Simionescu, P.A. (2016). MeKin2D: Suite for Planar Mechanism Kinematics,. ASME 2016 Intl Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference. Charlotte, NC. doi:10.1115/DETC2016-59086.
- Li, S.L.; Dai, J.S. (2012). "Structure Synthesis of Single-Driven Metamorphic Mechanisms Based on the Augmented Assur Groups". ASME Journal Mechanisms Robotics. 4 (3): 8. doi:10.1115/1.4006741.
- Sun, Y.; Ge, W.; Zheng, J.; Dong, D. (2016). "Solving the Kinematics of the Planar Mechanism Using Data Structures of Assur Groups". ASME Journal Mechanisms Robotics. 8 (6): 13. doi:10.1115/1.4033666.
This article "MeKin2D" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.