|Sergio Morandi, chairman|
Metaltex is an international company founded in 1945 that studies, develops, manufactures and markets household products.
Metaltex was established in 1945 in Mendrisio by Egidio Morandi initially dedicated to the manufacturing of products made of iron wire. Already at the beginning of the 20th century, small commercial activities, production of cages, strainers, skimmers in the territories near the border between Switzerland and the province of Como were taking place.
After just one year the company moved its production to Blevio, a town on the shore of Lake Como. The success of product sales soon required an expansion of the production unit with the relocation of the plant first to Cernobbio and then to Maslianico, also in the province of Como. Over the years, the range extends to other household products: small utensils, shelves, baskets, bookshelves, racks and laundry dryers.
In the following decades, the Metaltex Group consolidates its international position by opening branches in main European countries, then in America and Asia. Metaltex branded products are sold in over 75 countries worldwide with an assortment of more than 2000 items.
- Complete assortment of kitchen utensils.
- Drainers, shelves, bookshelves and space savers for organizing cupboards, kitchen and bathroom walls.
- Laundry: laundry dryers, ironing boards and clothes hangers.
- "Morandi, ritratto di una dinastia industriale" (in italiano). Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- Carassai, Alessio (2010-05-16). "Metaltex: 50 anni di vita donati in beneficienza" [Metaltex: 50 years given to charity]. Resto del Carlino (in italiano). p. 14.
- "Una piccola multinazionale nel settore dei casalinghi" [A small multinational specialized in household products]. La Gazzetta Ticinese (in italiano). 1998-12-12.
- "History". Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- "Metaltex Engine around the World". Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- "Wire World Poised For U.S. Growth With New Facility". Homeworld Business. August 30, 1999. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- "Several European brands at Fine Furniture". The Sunday Times. April 23, 2017. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- "Certifications". Retrieved February 11, 2019.
Others articles of the Topics Companies AND Switzerland : ADIA, Frewitt
Others articles of the Topic Companies : Penitalia, Solid Clouds, Attain (consulting firm), Facebook, Breadline Cafe, Permalco, Hawks PDX
Others articles of the Topic Switzerland : ADIA, Nicaragua–Switzerland relations, Swiss Association for Private Schools and Universities, Swiss sovereign money referendum, 2018, Frewitt
Category:Manufacturing companies of Switzerland Category:Multinational companies headquartered in Switzerland Category:1945 establishments in Switzerland
This article "Metaltex" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Metaltex. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.