|Directed by||Dean DeBlois|
|Screenplay by||Dean DeBlois|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Search Micronauts (film) on Amazon.
Micronauts is an upcoming superhero film written and directed by Dean DeBlois, and based on the Micronauts toyline by Hasbro. This is the first non-G.I. Joe film in the Hasbro Cinematic Universe.
A group of micronaut resistance fighters go on an intergalactic mission against Baron Karza.
After Hasbro acquired the rights to the Micronauts toyline, it was announced in 2009 that Paramount Pictures in conjunction with J. J. Abrams was in negotiations to develop a movie version of the franchise. On October 23, 2015, Tom Wheeler submitted a Micronauts draft. On November 20, 2015, Paramount announced it was still planning a Micronauts movie. On September 23, 2019, it was announced that Dean DeBlois will write and direct the film.
On December 15, 2015, The Hollywood Reporter reported that both Hasbro and Paramount want Micronauts as part of the Hasbro Cinematic Universe with G.I. Joe, Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light, M.A.S.K. and Rom franchises from a writer's room that includes Michael Chabon, Brian K. Vaughan, Nicole Perlman, Lindsey Beer, Cheo Coker, John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein, Joe Robert Cole, Jeff Pinkner, Nicole Riegel and Geneva Robertson-Dworet.
- CBR Staff (November 6, 2009). "Is Abrams Preparing To Invade Inner Space?". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on September 27, 2013. Retrieved September 24, 2013. Unknown parameter
- Fleming Jr., Mike (October 23, 2015). "Tom Wheeler Set To Script Live-Action 'Dora The Explorer' & 'Micronauts' At Paramount". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 17, 2019.
- McNary, Dave (November 20, 2015). "Paramount Moves Forward on Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Micronauts". Variety. Archived from the original on June 1, 2016.
Paramount and Hasbro are moving forward on selecting screenwriters for their Transformers and G.I. Joe franchises along with launching a Micronauts movie.Unknown parameter
- Kit, Borys (September 23, 2019). "'How to Train Your Dragon' Filmmaker Dean DeBlois Tackling 'Micronauts' for Paramount, Hasbro (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 23, 2019.
- Couch, Aaron (December 18, 2017). "Paramount Sets G.I. Joe, Dungeons & Dragons Release Dates". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 27, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (June 7, 2019). "G.I. Joe & Micronauts Both Pushed Later On Release Schedule By Paramount". Deadline. Retrieved December 27, 2019.
- Kilday, Gregg (December 15, 2015). "Paramount, Hasbro Creating Movie Universe Around G.I. Joe, Four Other Brands (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on March 26, 2016. Unknown parameter
- Kit, Borys (April 21, 2016). "Hasbro Cinematic Universe Takes Shape With Michael Chabon, Brian K. Vaughan, Akiva Goldsman (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 23, 2019.
This article "Micronauts (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Micronauts (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.