Min Min (character)
|File:Min Min Arms.png|
Min Min, as she appears in ARMS
|First game||ARMS (2017)|
|Designed by||Masaaki Ishikawa|
|Voiced by||Haruna Takatsu|
Search Min Min (character) on Amazon.
Min Min is a fictional character and one of the playable fighters from Nintendo EPD's 2017 fighting video game ARMS. Her popularity later led to her inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Reception to the character has received mixed reviews as both of her appearance in ARMS and Super Smash Bros.
Character designs started with the arms first with the team working backwards to decide what type of character would possess it, for instance, the character of Helix, started with the idea of a fighter whose arms were DNA strands, although the team initially did not know much else about him. Most fighters were designed to fill a gameplay need, although there are some exceptions where a design came first. An early concept for the game had the characters using external devices to punch their opponents; however, this was later dropped in favor of the characters extending their actual arms. Yabuki has stated that, as opposed to one single protagonist, all of the characters are the protagonists of the game. Min Min's backstory denotes her as a "member of ramen royalty". Min Min was created based as ramen with her hair mostly consisting of noodles, the director of art Masaaki Ishikawa said "She’s a female character that’s not too cutesy, and her sporty outfit—including the ramen bowl inspired beanie and dragon motif accessories—also contributes to her popularity. and Back when the character was in development, we saw a lot of women wearing shallow beanies over here in Japan. This was right around the time when we were thinking about a ramen-themed female character, It hit us that maybe we can cleverly combine this beanie fashion with an upside-down ramen bowl. That’s how it got incorporated into the design."
Min Min originally appeared as the lead of the 2017 video game Arms.
Min Min also appears in an ARMS party crash bash event, and is the latest character on ARMS to won. Min Min was a playable character in 2018's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the first fighter in Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Min Min was proposely will appear on ARMS graphic novel series, until it was cancelled.
Min Min has received mixed reviews. On the ARMS poll, Min Min got the second-highest vote behind Twintelle. Cecilia D'Anastasio of Kotaku praised the character and said "with her beanie an upside-down ramen bowl and stringy, ramen arms, is ridiculous and amazing". Jordan Erica Webber of The Guardian criticized and said that the character's dragon-themed weapons and Arms made out of noodles comes across as an "uncomfortable stereotype". In June 2019, Nintendo celebrated ARM's 2nd anniversary with Min Min's big win-win with a special artwork where she wins the Party Crash Bash event, and captured the title as the best ARMS fighter. Marcel Hoang of Destructoid described Min Min as his favorite character on ARMS. During 2017 Anime Expo, Min Min alongside with Spring Man and Ribbon Girl has been cosplayed. Nintendo revealed the ARMS characters with highest win rates, placing Min Min as the third most win character.
During Nintendo Direct, Masahiro Sakurai announced that the next DLC fighter coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate would be from ARMS, Min Min was trending on twitter for believing that she is a prime candidate. Masahiro Sakurai said Min Min in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was chosen because ARMS director Kosuke Yabuki wanted it and noted "that the character was particularly difficult to integrate into the world of Ultimate" and believe to create an extraordinary fighting style. After her inclusion in Super Smash Bros., the ARMS developer celebrates with new artwork of Min Min. Chris Carter of Destructoid noted Min Min inclusion on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate might be unwanted, but she fits in. Gavin Jasper of Den of Geek praised the control design of Min Min from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, when each fist can be controlled by a different button. Comic Book Resources ranked Min Min as third of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC character, and also included her at the most underrated characters in the game. Bryce Johnson of Screen Rant ranked Min Min as the 2nd Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC character, and ranked Min Min as 3rd character of worst to best DLC fighter. During the outbreak of COVID-19, Min Min was the most hated character in Japan on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate when playing online.
- "Nintendo Explains How It Came Up With Min Min's Unique Design In Arms". Kotaku.
- "Min Min". Behind The Voice Actors.
- Webster, Andrew (June 6, 2017). "How Nintendo created its wild new cast of fighters for Switch game Arms". The Verge.
- Hilliard, Kyle. "Arms' Creators On Twintelle's Popularity And The Strange Lore Of The Game's World". Game Informer.
- Sakurai, Masahiro (2020-06-22). Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Mr. Sakurai Presents "Min Min" (Video) (in Japanese). Nintendo.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Here's Why Min Min is Trending on Twitter". Game Rant. March 26, 2020.
- McWhertor, Michael (June 7, 2017). "Arms review". Polygon.
- Life, Nintendo (June 18, 2019). "The Queen Of Ramen Min Min Takes Out The Final Party Crash Bash Event In ARMS". Nintendo Life.
- "Min Min takes the crown in the last ever ARMS Crash Party Bash". Destructoid.
- "Min Min from ARMS to Join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC". June 22, 2020.
- Life, Nintendo (March 12, 2021). "Dark Horse Appears To Have Cancelled The ARMS Graphic Novel Series". Nintendo Life.
- Life, Nintendo (May 19, 2017). "Poll: Who Is Your Favourite ARMS Fighter?". Nintendo Life.
- "Arms: The Kotaku Review". Kotaku.
- "Arms review: Nintendo's springy limbed fighting game is ridiculous fun". the Guardian. June 16, 2017.
- "ARMS Celebrates Its 2nd Anniversary And Min Min's Big Win Win With A Special Artwork". June 30, 2019.
- "What does the community think of ARMS?". July 9, 2017.
- Life, Nintendo (July 3, 2017). "This Colourful ARMS Cosplay Will Knock You Out". Nintendo Life.
- "Nintendo Has Revealed The ARMS Characters With Highest Win-Rates". My Nintendo News. August 27, 2017.
- Webster, Andrew (June 22, 2020). "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate adds Min Min from Arms". The Verge.
- Life, Nintendo (June 30, 2020). "ARMS Dev Celebrates Min Min's Arrival In Smash Ultimate With Some New Artwork". Nintendo Life.
- Chris Carter (July 1, 2020). "Min Min might not be who everyone wanted for Smash Ultimate, but she fits right in". Destructoid.
- "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: ARMS' Min Min Revealed as New Fighter". Den of Geek. June 23, 2020.
- "Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Every DLC Character, Ranked (So Far)". CBR. October 4, 2020.
- "The Most Underrated Characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate". CBR. August 17, 2020.
- "Every Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Character, Ranked". ScreenRant. February 24, 2021.
- "Every Smash Ultimate DLC Fighter, Ranked Worst To Best". ScreenRant. December 31, 2020.
- Gordon, Justin 'AdaptiveTrigger' (January 19, 2021). "Min Min is rapidly becoming the most hated character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Japanese scene". EventHubs.
This article "Min Min (character)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Min Min (character). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.