|First appearance||Manga: Vol. 27 chapter 239 |
Anime: Episode 1
|Created by||Masashi Kishimoto|
|Relatives||Kushina Uzumaki (Wife) |
Naruto Uzumaki (son)
Boruto Uzumaki (Grandson)
Himawari Uzumaki (Grand-daughter)
Minato Namikaze (波風 ミナト Namikaze Minato), the Fourth Hokage (四代目火影 Yondaime Hokage), is Naruto Uzumaki's father and Kushina's husband. Although Naruto and Minato are noted to have a number of similar physical traits throughout the series, their familial relationship is not revealed until Part II of the series.[ch. 367] He was the student of Jiraiya and the teacher of Kakashi Hatake, Obito Uchiha, and Rin Nohara. The entire village respects Minato as a hero of the village, having perfected Tobirama's Flying Thunder God Jutsu, a method of teleportation with pre-made seals, to earn the title of "Konoha's Yellow Flash" (木ノ葉の黄色い閃光 Konoha no Kiiroi Senkō).[ch. 240] Before the start of the series, after battling the mysterious masked ninja who released the Nine-Tails Kurama, Minato siphons Kurama's Yin chakra to weaken the beast to be sealed into Naruto's body in a sacrificial act so that only his son can access the Nine-Tails' yang chakra.[ch. 2] In the Japanese anime, Minato is voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa with Miyu Irino voicing him as a child. In the English version, his voice actor is Tony Oliver.
Creation and Design[edit | edit source]
Initially, Kishimoto planned to include Minato as the teacher of a three man cell including Kakashi, Obito and Rin. In chapter 16, Minato can be seen in a picture with his students. Even though his identity was confirmed by this point, Kishimoto had not thought of creating a fourth Hokage or him being Naruto’s dad. In the initial chapters of manga, before coming up with Minato as the 4th Hokage, his spot on the Hokage Monument was actually taken by a dog. He actually wanted to try out that a ‘ninken’ (ninja dog), like those owned by the Inuzuka, had been the Hokage at one point. But his editor didn't like this plan and suggested to make him the main character’s dad instead. Kishimoto knew that he would have to introduce what had happened to Naruto's dad somewhere in the story, so he planned to make Minato the Fourth Hokage. When Kishimoto finally decided that Minato would be Naruto's father, he started adding hints of that to the reader such as giving the Hokage mountain from Konohagakure spiky hair similar to Naruto's. Minato is given the similar appearance as Naruto as Kishimoto wanted Naruto to have similarity with his parents. So, he decided to give Minato yellow hair as a trait of his clan, Namikaze. He also made the spiralling symbol on Naruto's attire, the symbol of Namikaze.
Kishimoto confessed that Minato is one of his favourite charecters and has expressed the desire to make a spin-off series with a younger Minato as the protagonist. In an interview, when asked about the strongest shinobi, Kishimoto replied that Minato shares the number one spot on the ranking along with Hashirama if we only take the dead shinobis into account.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
In Naruto[edit | edit source]
Minato dies right after Naruto's birth due to the Nine tails' assault on Hidden Leaf village, guided by masked Obito. He, along with his wife Kushina, died protecting the village from Nine tails and managed to seal the Nine tails. Because the Nine-Tails' chakra was too immense to seal into infant Naruto, he split the chakra into two halves and sealed yang half of the Nine tails chakra into newly born Naruto while the yin half was sealed within dying Minto, making Naruto the Nine tails host. Before dying, he manages to put in some of his own chakra, that will activate whenever the seal was about to break, in an attempt restore it in critical conditions. Minao first appears in Naruto series during Naruto's fight with Pain. In this fight, Nine tails nearly tempted Naruto to remove the seal. However, the seal placed by Minato activates, causing his projection to appear within Naruto's subconscious mind and stop him from ripping the seal apart.
During the fourth shinobi world war, Orochimaru releases the souls of the first three Hokage and Minato, so that he can reincarnate them. At Sasuke's discretion, the Hokages decide to help the Allied Shinobi Forces' battle with Madara. Minato, in an urge to see Naruto, arrives first in the battlefield. Upon arriving, he manages to teleport the Ten-Tails' beast bomb away, saving Naruto and the Allies. Using the help from the previous Hokage, they created a barrier to trap the Ten-Tails within. During the battle, Minato realized that somehow Obito is alive all along. He also realised that Obito was the masked man, behind Kurama's attack on the Hidden Leaf Village during Naruto's birth and mourns about his decision to not stop the masked guy that time. After Obito became the Ten tails' host, Minato joins the offensive against Obito. After Obito traps the Alliance in his own barrier and prepares to destroy them all with a barrage of Tailed Beast bombs, Minato manages to teleport the Alliance out of the barrier with the help of Naruto. Having learned that Obito is vulnerable to senjutsu, with the help of Naruto, Minato prepares for an assault, forcing Obito to manifest the Ten-Tails' tree form. Evading the tree's roots, they manage to strip the tailed beasts out from Obito's body. Obito, unable to move after his defeat, was saved by Minato, who stopped Kakashi from killing Obito. In the meantime, Naruto was stripped off from his yang half of Nine tails by Madara and was at a verge of death. He is soon brought to Minato's side, with Sakura performing emergency life support and Gaara explaining that the only chance of saving Naruto's life is if he is given Yin-Kurama. Just as Minato starts the transfer, Black Zetsu intercepts him and takes Yin-Kurama for itself. Madara arrives immediately afterwards, now the Ten-Tails' new jinchūriki and intent on taking Obito's Rinnegan. Minato enters Sage Mode and attacks him alongside Kakashi, but they are easily repelled and Minato loses his other arm. After Madara became the new Ten tails host, there was a very little that Minato can do, to help directly. So he decides to give Might Guy an opening, allowing Guy to initiate his assault. After Infinite Tsukuyomi is cast and all of the world becomes prey to it, Minato reunites with the other Hokage, as they were unaffected by the genjutsu, and try to figure out what they can do to help. After Kaguya's defeat Minato, along with other hokage, meet the spirit of Sage of the Six Paths. Combining their efforts , they manage to summon Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Sakura, Madara, and the tailed beasts back from Kaguya's dimension, after Kaguya is sealed. Happy with his son's prospects for the future, Minato and the other Kage are returned to the afterlife by the Sage of Six Paths with Minato silently promising to tell Kushina everything that had occurred.
In other media[edit | edit source]
Minato appears in the original video animation Hidden Leaf Village, Grand Sports Festival (2008); In which we see Minato as a Hokage. He appears in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 as a playable charecter.
In The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014), Minato appears for a brief moment to be seen fighting with the Nine tails, depicting the assault on konoha during Naruto's birth. Minato also appears in the iOS and Android mobile game Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing.
Reception[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Content in this draft was copied from Minato Namikaze at Narutopedia, which is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA 3.0) license.
- "CD" (in Japanese). Aniplex. Retrieved 15 May 2012.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Nguyen, Mag (May 10, 2010). "School Days Like No Other: Interview with Morikawa Toshiyuki". Asia Pacific Arts. Archived from the original on 2012-04-08. Retrieved May 14, 2012. Unknown parameter
- 漫道コバヤシ第13号「NARUTO完結！岸本斉史SP」 [Kobayashi No. 13 'Completion of Naruto! Masashi Kishimoto SP'] (in Japanese). Fuji Television. December 13, 2014.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2006). "Chapter 16". Naruto, Volume 2. Shueisha. ISBN 978-1-59116-178-3.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2014). NARUTO―ナルト―キャラクターオフィシャルデータBOOK 秘伝・陣の書 (in Japanese). Shueisha. pp. 378–387. ISBN 978-4-08-880263-3.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Interview with Masashi Kishimoto". Shonen Jump. Viz Media. 7 (11 #83): 11. November 2009. ISSN 1545-7818.
- "Masashi Kishimoto Interview (About Minato) – March 2008". www.mblintheu.wordpress.com. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2010). "Chapter 501". Naruto, Volume 53. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-4049-8.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2010). "Chapter 503". Naruto, Volume 53. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-4049-8.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2010). "Chapter 439". Naruto, Volume 47. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-3305-6.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2012). "Chapter 559". Naruto, Volume 59. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-4942-2.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2013). "Chapter 567". Naruto, Volume 59. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-4943-9.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2013). "Chapter 593". Naruto, Volume 62. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-5619-2.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2013). "Chapter 613". Naruto, Volume 64. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-6139-4.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2014). "Chapter 625". Naruto, Volume 65. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-6455-5.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2014). "Chapter 654". Naruto, Volume 68. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-7682-4.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2014). "Chapters 662-668". Naruto, Volume 68. Viz. ISBN 978-1-4215-7856-9.
- Kishimoto, Masashi (2014). "Chapters 695". Naruto, Volume 72. Viz. ISBN 978-4-08-880220-6.
- "Madara Six Paths Joins Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4". Siliconera. Retrieved August 29, 2019.
- "BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America – More fun for everyone!". www.bandainamcoent.com. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- "Amazon.com: Bidheaven-Keychain-Acrylic-Keyring-Printed". Retrieved August 5, 2019.
- "Amazon.com: Pi²-Naruto-Action-Figure-Japanese". Retrieved 19 March 2008.
- "ComicSense-xyz-Premium-Cotton-Printed-T-Shirt". Retrieved 4 March 2008.
External Links[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Anime and manga : Kyo Sohma, Akito Sohma, Jutsu (Naruto), Jiren (Dragon Ball), Shigure Sohma, Transformers: Robot Masters, Yuki Sohma
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Minato Namikaze" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Minato Namikaze. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.