Moderator of the Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan
The Moderator of the Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan is the most senior office-bearer within the Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan which is a growing protestant denomination in Pakistan. Moderator may be a Minister or Elder from among the laity elected to moderate the Church Council and responsible for calling and presiding over the regular meetings of the Council which held twice every year.
- A Moderator assures that the Church Council fulfills its responsibilities for the governance of the Church;
- Be a partner to the Pastors, helping them to achieve the missions of the Church;
- Optimize the relationship between Church Council Staff and Congregations.
- Chair meetings of the Council, see that it functions effectively, interacts with management optimally, and fulfills all of its duties.
- Develop agendas.
- Assist the Pastors in recruiting council members and other talent for whatever volunteer assignments are needed.
- Annually focus the Church and Council’s attention on matters of Church governance that relates to its own structure, role and relationship to management.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Church.
- Convene regularly scheduled Council meetings.
- Have general active management of the business of the corporation.
- Sign and deliver in the name of corporation deeds, mortgages, bonds, contracts or other instruments pertaining to the business of the corporation.
- Maintain records of and, when necessary, certify proceedings of the Church Council and the members.
The Moderator is elected by the Church Council and serves as the public representative of the denomination. Voting for Moderator of the Church Council is by secret ballot.
The government of the Sutlej Reformed Church has a form known as Presbyterian polity, and is much like that of other Presbyterian churches around the world and Presbyterian churches have no bishops, therefore Moderator is a prominent figure in the Christian denominations.
The serving moderator is given the honorific style, Right Reverend (The Rt. Rev.). Former or Senior ministers are known as the Very Reverend (The Very Rev.).
The current moderator is The Rt. Rev. A Ul-Haq.
- Right Reverend
This article "Moderator of the Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Moderator of the Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.