Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan
|Sutlej Reformed Church Of Pakistan|
For the Glory of God
|Theology||Conservative Confessional Reformed|
|Moderator||The Rt. Rev. A Ul-Haq|
|Associations||World Reformed Fellowship; National Ecumenical Council Pakistan, Pakistan Alliance of Churches|
|Origin||August 22, 2011 |
The Sutlej Reformed Church Of Pakistan (formerly known as the Sutlej Reformed Presbyterian Church Pakistan) is a growing Protestant Church and a Christian Denomination with churches throughout Pakistan and Rwanda, serving since 2011. The beliefs of the church place it in the conservative wing of the Reformed family of Protestant churches. The National Missions Office is located in Bahawalpur.
Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan is rooted in a reformed Protestant theological perspective deriving from the theology of John Calvin which originated in the 1500's AD.
Doctrine and practice
Confessions & Creeds
Sutlej Church affirms that the Holy Bible as the inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God and as the basis for our beliefs. And church is banded together as baptized disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ and are mutually surrendered to being obedient to His commands. The ordinances of His church are Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Sutlej Reformed Church professes adherence to the historic confessional standards of Presbyterianism. The Westminster Confession of Faith, the Westminster Shorter Catechism, and the Westminster Larger Catechism is held by the church to correctly explain the truths and doctrines contained in God’s Holy Word, the Scriptures. The church believes the historic creeds, The Apostles Creed and the Nicene Creed are accurate summaries of the most important doctrines contained in the Scriptures.
- Defining Marriage:
In keeping with the constitution and confession, Sutlej Reformed Church believes Scriptures define marriage as a covenantal union between one man and one woman. This means that marriage is the only legitimate and acceptable sexual relationship. SutlejRC denies that the state has the authority to impose a definition of marriage that is in direct violation to the teaching of Scripture including, but not limited to, so-called same- sex marriage, polygamy, polyamory, incest, bestiality, or cohabitation.
The session is the basic unit with teaching elders, ruling elders and deacons.
- The Church Council:
The Church Council is the highest assembly of Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan. The Member congregations has been organized into Sessions, and all the representatives from all the Sessions collectively form the council. The Church council was organized in 2015.
The Church Logo
The Logo of the Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan expresses through symbolism the basic convictions of the denomination.
- The Burning Bush: (Exodus 3:2) on the left suggests indestructibility of God's word and presence of Lord God with His people in His grace and with His covenant.
- The Opened Book: represents the HOLY BIBLE - the written Word of God, it describes that it is Bible-centered church.
- The Cross: forms the central emphasis of the seal, and represents the Person and the sacrificial redemptive work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Living Word.
- The Circle: (or nimbus) is emblematic of eternity, and was used in medieval symbolism to represent God the Father. Here the nimbus additionally signifies the eternal benefit of the redemption secured on the cross by the death of Jesus Christ.
- A Family: symbol describes that SutlejRC is a not only a church but a family, one body in one Spirit.
- The Water: symbolizes life, and life is only found in Jesus Christ who said, "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.(John 7:38)"
- The Scroll: beneath bears the motto, "For The Glory Of God" (Psalms 72:19).
Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan is an approved denominational member of the World Reformed Fellowship, National Ecumenical Council Pakistan and Pakistan Alliance of Churches. And also in very good standing fraternal and ecclesiastical relationships with following Churches around the world;
- Assemblies of Soul Winners Church Ministries Pakistan
- Australian Christian Churches
- Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Presbyterian Church of United States (Several Congregations)
- Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America
- United Presbyterian Church of Pakistan.
- The Women Ministry & Fellowship
- Paraclete For You Ministries
- The Protestant Biblical Institute
- Church Planting
- The Trenches
- Youth Ministry
- Children Ministry
- Annual Christian Convention
- Mission work in Tribal Areas
- Mission Trips
- Torch of Truth (Christian Theological Magazine in Urdu)
Social Development Activities
- Shining Stars Educational Centers
- Adult Education Literacy Program
- Sewing Center
- Free Eye Clinic
- World Reformed Fellowship
- Churches in Pakistan
- Church of Pakistan
- Protestantism in Pakistan
- Christian Denominations
- Protestant Reformation
- List of Christian denominations#Reformed Churches
- Right Reverend
World Reformed Fellowship
- Official website
- Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan on Facebook
- Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan on TwitterLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sutlej Reformed Church of Pakistan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.