Mother Blood Bank
|File:Mother Blood Bank Logo.png|
|Founder||Mamidi Sai Akash|
Mother Blood Bank is a non-profit online blood bank service based in India which connects patients who need blood transfusion with volunteering blood donors. The blood bank holds Guinness World Record for organizing the largest blood donation (multiple venues) camp with 1,02,015 participants across 18 cities on 21 April 2015. As of April 2015, Mother Blood Bank has a database of over 107,000 registered volunteer blood donors nationwide, which is so far largest in the country. The Mother Blood Bank conducts blood donation campaigns across country and enrolls volunteers willing to donate blood in the time of emergency situations.
Mother Blood Bank was launched by Mamidi Sai Akash in 2013 which was inaugurated by late Dr. Abdul Kalam, the former president of India. Mother Blood Bank, a brainchild of Sai Akash, was established by him after witnessing an accident of his friend. He required immediate blood transfusion but could not conveniently find one.
- "Hospital sets up Mother Blood Bank". The Hans India. 17 March 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Largest blood donation (multiple venues)". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- Kumar, Tharun (7 July 2015). "The blood company's boss". Deccan Chronicle.
- "1.7L Register with City Lad's Portal for Blood Donation". The New Indian Express. Vijaywada. Express News Service. 11 April 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Students enrol for blood donation". The Hindu. Visakhapatnam. 7 April 2015.
- "About us". Mother Blood Bank. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "This Inter student is bloody good". The Hans India. The Hans India. 6 July 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
This article "Mother Blood Bank" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.