Mouse Guard (film)
|Directed by||Wes Ball|
|Screenplay by||T.S. Nowlin|
|Story by||Gary Whitta|
|Based on||Mouse Guard|
by David Petersen
Search Mouse Guard (film) on Amazon.
Mouse Guard was a planned fantasy film set to have been directed by Wes Ball.
A guild of mice defend their world against their enemies.
In July 2016, it was reported that Gary Whitta would write the screen adaptation of the Mouse Guard graphic novel series. Matt Reeves, Ross Richie and Stephen Christy would produce the film, to be told through motion capture. In September 2017, Wes Ball signed on to direct the film. In March 2019, Andy Serkis, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, and Giancarlo Esposito were cast in the film. Christian Bale was attached to the project at one point, but dropped out. Idris Elba and Sonoya Mizuno joined the cast later that month. Samson Kayo and Jack Whitehall joined in April.
Principal production was set to commence in May 2019, however two weeks prior to its start date Walt Disney Pictures, who acquired the project as part of the Disney/Fox merger, halted the project, putting it in turnaround, the cited rationale being that the project didn't fit into Disney's plans for Fox. Producers attempted to seek out a new distribution house, but by June, Ball had confirmed the project was dead and revealed a demo reel.
- ‘Rogue One’ Writer Gary Whitta Boards ‘Mouse Guard’ Movie
- Fox Eyes ‘Maze Runner’s Wes Ball For ‘Mouse Guard’
- Andy Serkis and Thomas Brodie-Sangster to Star in Fox's 'Mouse Guard' (Exclusive)
- EXCLUSIVE: Giancarlo Esposito Boards Fox’s ‘Mouse Guard’
- Idris Elba in Talks to Star in 'Mouse Guard' (Exclusive)
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Actress Sonoya Mizuno Lands Title Role In Fox’s ‘Mouse Guard’ Movie
- 'Mouse Guard' Movie Adds British Comedian Samson Kayo (Exclusive)
- Jack Whitehall in Talks to Join Idris Elba in Fox's 'Mouse Guard' (Exclusive)
- ‘Mouse Guard’ Halted Two Weeks From Production Start; Casualty Of Disney Merger?
- Kit, Borys; Kilkenny, Katie (April 17, 2019). "Disney Scraps 'Mouse Guard' Two Weeks Before Production Set to Begin". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 17, 2019.
- Wes Ball On Mouse House Axing His Passion Pic ‘Mouse Guard,’ A Casualty Of Fox/Disney Deal
- Mouse Guard at the Internet Movie Database
This article "Mouse Guard (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mouse Guard (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.