|Directed by||Douglas Rath|
|Produced by||Malcolm McDowell|
Diane Da Silva
|Screenplay by||Peter Bellwood|
|Edited by||Patrick McMahon|
Dark House Films
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Search Monster Butler on Amazon.
Monster Butler is an unfinished independent thriller film based on the life of Archibald Hall. The film follows his journey into his dark lifestyle and how he is eventually captured. It was to be directed by Douglas Rath and star Malcolm McDowell as Archibald Hall, with Gary Oldman, Dominic Monaghan, and Evanna Lynch. Production was to be by Dark House Films, with Warner Bros. set to distribute.
The film recounts the true story of the bisexual serial killer, con man and jewel thief Archibald Hall (Malcolm McDowell), who worked as a butler under the name of Roy Fontaine and robbed and murdered numerous employers throughout England and Scotland. Hall is hired as the butler of the upper-class family of Fiona Carrick-Smith (Evanna Lynch), eventually becoming her confidant as she is intrigued by his wisdom. She tells him of her reservations and misgivings about her upcoming marriage and her desire for excitement and taking risks. When she acts on that desire, what follows is a string of reckless behaviour, betrayal, and disaster, as Hall leaves a bloody trail behind him.
- Malcolm McDowell as Roy Fontaine/Archibald Hall
- Gary Oldman as Wiggy
- Dominic Monaghan as David Wright
- Evanna Lynch as Fiona Carrick-Smith
- Joanne Whalley as Mary Coggle
- Geoff Bell as Michael Kitto
- Jack Govan as Donald Hall
- Richard Jack as Lionel MacGowan
- Jay Jackson as detective inspector
- Ben Clifford as Reggie
- Brian Alexander as John
- Luke Watson as wedding photographer
- James Bryce as bank executive
- Harry Ward as police officer
- Edward York as police officer
- Duncan Rennie as cottage owner
- Jessica Salgueiro as Trixie
- Stuart Sinclair Blyth as Vladimir
- Elaine Blair as Violet Hall
- André Schneider as Phil
- Ruth McGhie as Doris
- Sian Mannifield as Mrs Adams
- Iona Soper as Alicia Sparrow
- Sam Laydon as Charlie Bosson
- Thomas Hetherton as MacLean, a detective
- Jamie MacPhee as police sergeant
- Tahnee Alexandra as young maid
- Donald Morrison as manager
- Fraser Sivewright as police officer
- Al Hair as police officer
- Gareth Morrison as police officer
- Christopher Warren as Hall's American friend
- Alex Caird as bald man
In 2005, British actor Malcolm McDowell and Hollywood screenwriter Peter Bellwood announced that they were seeking a director and funding for a film based on Hall's life. In 2011, McDowell, who was also a producer on the film, said the film was currently being made and would be titled Monster Butler. The film was set to begin shooting in June 2012 in Scotland. According to Dominic Monaghan on Twitter, the film was cancelled due to lack of funds but may go ahead in the future.
In June 2015 McDowell cancelled an appearance at the Edinburgh Film Festival intended to promote his new film Bereave, after a campaign by media union BECTU which alleged that crew members on Monster Butler had not been paid despite assurances by McDowell, who was a producer on the troubled film.
- Prinzivalli, Fallon (June 6, 2012). "'Harry Potter' Actress Cast In 'Monster Butler'". MTV.
- Tanvi (June 7, 2012). "Evanna Lynch to star in crime thriller "Monster Butler" along with Harry Potter costar Gary Oldman". LunaFans.net.
- Child, Ben (22 June 2015). "Malcolm McDowell cancels Edinburgh film festival appearance after union protest". The Guardian. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- "Shortage of cash proves fatal for serial killer film 'Monster Butler'". Scotsman.com. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
This article "Monster Butler" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Monster Butler. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.