New Artsakh Alliance
It is (Armenian: Արցախի Հանրապետության Ազգային ժողով, Artsakhi Hanrapetut'yan Azgayin zhoghov or simply Ազգային ժողով, ԱԺ, Azgayin zhoghov, AZh) is the legislative branch of the government of the Republic of Artsakh.
After 2017 constitutional referendum, according to the constitution of Artsakh all members to National Assembly shall be elected for a five-year term through proportional electoral system. The National Assembly shall be composed of no less than 27 and no more than 33 MPs. The number of the MPs shall be defined by the Electoral Code.
Before the constitutional referendum National Assembly should have 33 members, 22 of which (17 before 2015) elected in using party-list proportional representation, the rest elected in single seat constituencies using first-past-the-post voting system.
2020 Artsakhian general election
The National Assembly has 7 standing committees:
- Standing Committee on Defense, Security and Law Enforcement
- Standing Committee on Foreign Relations
- Standing Committee on State and Legal Affairs
- Standing Committee on Social Affairs and Health
- Standing Committee on Production and Manufacturing Infrastructure
- Standing Committee on Budget, Financial and Economic Management
- Standing Committee on Science, Education, Culture, Youth and Sports,