|🎓 Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
• Classical scholar
• Film critic
Nick Lowe (//; born 1956) is a British classical scholar and film critic.
He is a Reader in Classics in the Department of Classics and Philosophy at Royal Holloway, a constituent college of the University of London, with interests including narratology and reception of Greek antiquity in historical fiction. Lowe is also an award-winning film reviewer for the science-fiction magazine Interzone.
Early life and education
He taught Classics at three different colleges in the University of London before being appointed lecturer in Greek literature at Royal Holloway.
- Theatre Ancient and Modern (2000), edited with Hardwick, L., Ireland, S. & Macintosh, F., Open University Press.
- The Classical Plot and the Invention of Western Narrative (2000), Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Comedy (2008). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Greece & Rome: New Surveys in the Classics).
- Erôs in Ancient Greece (2013), edited with Sanders, E., Thumiger, C. & Carey, C., Oxford University Press.
Other articles of the topics Biography AND Literature : Nissim Mannathukkaren, Ritu Lalit, Akanksha Pare Kashiv, Bhabananda Deka, Christopher Mwashinga, Jerry D. Thomas, Aleksandar B. Nedeljković
Other articles of the topics Biography AND London : Ayo Mary Laurent
Other articles of the topic Biography : Nicki Minaj, Terry J. Charlton, Jr, Benjamin E. Park, Morgan Wailes Walker, Sr., List of fictional rappers, Rodoljub Vulović, Matthew Stanley (professor)
Other articles of the topic Literature : Lists of 100 best books, Christopher Mwashinga, Ingvill Solberg, Wolfgang Martin Schede, Daoud Mahmoud Yaqoub, The Bad Guys (book series), Dischan Media
Other articles of the topic London : Child of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Jeunvie Ltd, Ayo Mary Laurent, List of Hilton hotels in London, Delete Agency, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, London
Other articles of the topic Science fiction : Human Cargo (2019), Aleksandar B. Nedeljković, Space stations and habitats in fiction, The Henry Stickmin Collection, Richard Paolinelli, Portals in fiction
- List of film critics
- List of Glaswegians
- List of people from Manchester
- List of University of Cambridge members
- List of University of London people
- RHUL Classics and Philosophy. Royal Holloway, University of London.
- 2009 British Science Fiction Association Award for Mutant Popcorn (see BSFA Awards 2009 Winners).
- Biography of Nick Lowe at Criticos Prize Committee Archived 7 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- Classicists in British Universities.
- Reviews of The Classical Plot and the Invention of Western Narrative:
- Halliwell, Stephen (April 2001). Greece & Rome. 48 (1): 91. doi:10.1093/gr/48.1.91. JSTOR 826874.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Konstan, David (Winter 2002). The Classical World. 95 (2): 194–195. doi:10.2307/4352656. JSTOR 4352656.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Schironi, Francesca (2003). Athenaeum. 91: 677–681. hdl:2027.42/150155.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Torres-Guerra, José B. (2003). Gnomon. 75 (7): 581–583. JSTOR 40493898.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Stürner, Ferdinand (2012). "Review of Comedy" (PDF). Ancient History Bulletin. 2: 111–112.
- Reviews of Erôs in Ancient Greece:
- Billault, Alain (January–June 2015). Revue des Études Grecques. 128 (1): 260–262. JSTOR 44261342.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Goldhill, Simon (April 2014). The Classical Review. New Series. 64 (1): 39–41. doi:10.1017/S0009840X13002242. JSTOR 43301773. Unknown parameter
|s2cid=ignored (help)CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Lateiner, Donald (2014). Mnemosyne. Fourth Series. 67 (4): 676–681. doi:10.1163/1568525X-12341721. JSTOR 24521763.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
This article "Nick Lowe (classicist)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nick Lowe (classicist). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.