|🎓 Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
• Classical scholar
• Film critic
Nick Lowe (//; born 1956) is a British classical scholar and film critic.
He is a Reader in Classics in the Department of Classics and Philosophy at Royal Holloway, a constituent college of the University of London, with interests including narratology and reception of Greek antiquity in historical fiction. Lowe is also an award-winning film reviewer for the science-fiction magazine Interzone.
Early life and education
He taught Classics at three different colleges in the University of London before being appointed lecturer in Greek literature at Royal Holloway.
- Theatre Ancient and Modern (2000), edited with Hardwick, L., Ireland, S. & Macintosh, F., Open University Press.
- The Classical Plot and the Invention of Western Narrative (2000), Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Comedy (2008). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Greece & Rome: New Surveys in the Classics).
- Erôs in Ancient Greece (2013), edited with Sanders, E., Thumiger, C. & Carey, C., Oxford University Press.
Other articles of the topics Biography AND Literature : Aleksandar B. Nedeljković, Hani Sarhan, Moustafa Nouraldeen, Mohamed Soliman, Jerry D. Thomas, Efe Rosario, Ritu Lalit
Other articles of the topics Biography AND London : Ayo Mary Laurent
Other articles of the topic Biography : Willard Keith, John Roland Burke, List of Czech artists by date, Olga Pohankova, Matthew Stanley (professor), Troyce Eual Guice, Burgess McCranie
Other articles of the topic Literature : Ritu Lalit, Savo Kostadinovski, Lists of 100 best books, Tirukkural translations into Meitei, Gerard McKeown, Literature, Moustafa Nouraldeen
Other articles of the topic London : Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, London, Ayo Mary Laurent, Delete Agency, Uxbridge College, Dua Lipa, Child of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex
Other articles of the topic Science fiction : The Henry Stickmin Collection, Space stations and habitats in fiction, Human Cargo (2019), Richard Paolinelli, Aleksandar B. Nedeljković, Portals in fiction
- List of film critics
- List of Glaswegians
- List of people from Manchester
- List of University of Cambridge members
- List of University of London people
- RHUL Classics and Philosophy. Royal Holloway, University of London.
- 2009 British Science Fiction Association Award for Mutant Popcorn (see BSFA Awards 2009 Winners).
- Biography of Nick Lowe at Criticos Prize Committee Archived 7 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- Classicists in British Universities.
- Reviews of The Classical Plot and the Invention of Western Narrative:
- Halliwell, Stephen (April 2001). Greece & Rome. 48 (1): 91. doi:10.1093/gr/48.1.91. JSTOR 826874.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Konstan, David (Winter 2002). The Classical World. 95 (2): 194–195. doi:10.2307/4352656. JSTOR 4352656.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Schironi, Francesca (2003). Athenaeum. 91: 677–681. hdl:2027.42/150155.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Torres-Guerra, José B. (2003). Gnomon. 75 (7): 581–583. JSTOR 40493898.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Stürner, Ferdinand (2012). "Review of Comedy" (PDF). Ancient History Bulletin. 2: 111–112.
- Reviews of Erôs in Ancient Greece:
- Billault, Alain (January–June 2015). Revue des Études Grecques. 128 (1): 260–262. JSTOR 44261342.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Goldhill, Simon (April 2014). The Classical Review. New Series. 64 (1): 39–41. doi:10.1017/S0009840X13002242. JSTOR 43301773. Unknown parameter
|s2cid=ignored (help)CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Lateiner, Donald (2014). Mnemosyne. Fourth Series. 67 (4): 676–681. doi:10.1163/1568525X-12341721. JSTOR 24521763.CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
This article "Nick Lowe (classicist)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nick Lowe (classicist). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.