|Date of birth||June 6, 2001|
|Place of birth||Stamford, Connecticut, United States|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|New York City FC|
|2014–2019||New York City FC|
|2018-||United States U18||4|
Career[edit | edit source]
Youth Career[edit | edit source]
Benalcazar was voted onto the United States Soccer Development Academy in its U-15/16 Eastern Conference Best XI for the 2016-2017 season.
While acting as captain in the 2017-2018 season, he was awarded NYCFC U-19s’ Academy Player of the Year recognition. This award was given following the NYCFC Development Academy National Championship over LA Galaxy's U-19 squad in July of 2018.
International career[edit | edit source]
Benalcazar was born in the United States and is of Ecuadorian descent. He is a youth international for the United States.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Preseason 2019: 30 New York City FC Players Traveling to Abu Dhabi | New York City FC".
- "Match Recap: NYCFC 0-2 FC Copenhagen | New York City FC".
- "NYCFC Academy Pair in DA Best XI | New York City FC".
- "NYCFC Awards: Maxi Moralez Crowned Fans' Player of the Year | New York City FC".
- "PHOTOS: NYCFC Takes Home Development Academy U-18/19 Title | New York City FC".
- Soccer, Wake Men's (January 23, 2019). "Our next signee is a defender from New York City FC Academy, defender Nico Benalcazar! Nico is rated as a top-40 recruit in the nation and has competed with the U.S. U-18 and U-16 National Teams. #GoDeacspic.twitter.com/0OF2l34dZD". line feed character in
|title=at position 87 (help)
- "Nicolás Benalcázar, un posible seleccionado de Ecuador". El Universo. September 9, 2018.
This article "Nico Benalcazar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nico Benalcazar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.