Dr. Om Murti Anil
|Dr. Om Murti Anil|
|Born||February 4, 1978|
|🏫 Education||AIIMS, New Delhi |
Institute of Medicine, Nepal
College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur
|📆 Years active||2003 - present|
Public awareness on heart disease prevention
Dr. Om Murti Anil is a senior Cardiologist of Nepal working as Director of Interventional Cardiology at Grande International Hospital and Heart Clinic in Kathmandu. After finishing his graduation from College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur, he completed MD Internal Medicine from Institute of Medicine, Nepal. He has done his super specialization degree ( DM Cardiology) from All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India in 2011. After completing his training in Interventional Cardiology, he worked at Manmohan CardioThoracic Vascular and Transplantation Centre as Chief of CATH Lab and started cardiac intervention services. He also trained DM Cardiology residents as a programme co-ordinator. He is best known in the country for his work in the field of cardiac intervention and public awareness about heart disease prevention. He was awarded Nepal Bidhyabhusan Padak by president of Nepal. He has written very popular and health informative book "Ma Pani Doctor" (English meaning: I am also a doctor) aimed to improve medical knowledge of common people.
Om Murti Anil was born in Dhamaura Village of Mahottari District of Nepal. He finished his schooling from his own village and high school from Janakpur Dham, a nearby town. He belonged to a middle-class family where his father had an agricultural background. He was youngest of three siblings. Since childhood, he had an interest in health, medicine, sports, general knowledge, music and spiritualism. He fell in love with a nurse working at Tribhuvan University, Teaching Hospital (TUTH), where he did his MD medicine and finally was married to her. They have a daughter. His Wife, Manisha Baidar, is working at Modern Heart Clinic as a nursing supervisor.
Education and career
Under scholarship of Government of Nepal, he was selected to study MBBS in College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur. He developed an enormous interest in medicine and cardiology, right from his medical schooling. Then, he worked as a house officer in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology under professor S K Chattopadhyay for one year. He ranked 1st in PG Entrance Examination and opted for MD Internal Medicine in Institute of Medicine, Nepal. He worked for one year in the Department of Medicine, Cardiology Unit of TUTH. To fulfil his aim to be a qualified cardiologist, he started preparing to compete in the entrance examination for DM Cardiology in India, since there was no super specialization courses in Nepal and other neighbouring countries at that time. He got selected in DM cardiology (three years super specialization course) at AIIMS, a pioneer health institution in South Asia as the first foreign national to qualify for the DM degree.
In the present scenario, where most of the Nepalese die of Non-communicable diseases among which cardiovascular diseases, particularly Heart Attack being number one killer, it is a responsibility being a cardiologist to intervene at the different level to prevent and treat heart diseases. In this regard, he has started the campaign of prevention of heart disease by increasing public awareness through his articles in newspapers, interviews in radio and television and recently through social media. He has more than 800 thousand followers on Facebook which is probably the largest in the world under the name of a cardiologist. His book “Ma Pani Doctor” has played a big role in improving medical knowledge of a common man. In the context of saving lives of heart attack patients across the country, he launched a program “Mission to save heart” aimed to provide basic treatment for heart attack patients through primary health centres all over the country. He is a founder and an active member of Centre of Heart Attack Awareness In Nepal (CHAIN), a non-profit NGO, which is actively involved in various activities to increase public awareness about heart disease across the country. CHAIN has organized a mega heart crtiamp in 2014 in Kathmandu, where he was the principal investigator of the research.
He was the principal investigator of a research conducted by Centre of Heart Attack Awareness In Nepal (CHAIN) in the year 2014, on Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in young healthy adults of Kathmandu. This was the largest research conducted on this topic in the country till date. The result of this research was spread to the general population through different print and electronic media in order to increase awareness on Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors and their role in the development of heart disease. He has many research publications in national and international journals which are mentioned below.
- Anil OM. Syncope: Approach to diagnosis. J Clin Prev Cardiol 2016;5:84-93.
- Anil OM, Sayami A, Nepal R, Jaiswal S, Bhattarai N. Outcome of Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Acute Myocardial Infarction Patients Presenting with Cardiogenic Shock. Journal of Institute of Medicine. 2016 Aug 24;40(1).
- Nepal R, Anil OM. Angiographic study of coronary artery dominance in Nepalese population. Journal of Nobel Medical College. 2016;5(1):6-8.
- Anil OM. Evaluation of Ejection Fraction in Patients with Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy by Two and Three Dimensional Echocardiography. Journal of Institute of Medicine. 2015 Feb 6;38(1).
- Shrestha H, Sayami A, Anil OM, Poudel C, Gajurel R, Thapa S. Gender Difference in Presentation, Management and In-hospital Mortality in St Elevation Myocardial Infarction in a Tertiary Cardiac Center. Journal of Nobel Medical College.;4(1):6-11.
- Anil OM, Kathmandu N. Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in Prehypertensive Urban Adult Population. J Clin Prev Cardiol. 2015;4(1):1-6.
- Anil OM. Early outcome of 212 coronary angioplasty procedures our experience at Manmohan Cardiothoracic Vascular and Transplant Centre. Nepal Med Coll J. 2014 Dec;16(2-4):165-8.
- Dangal B, Anil OM, Shakya YM, Narayan PP, A study on serum calcium level in resistant hypertension Sep 10, 2014 Journal of General Practice and emergency medicine in Nepal
- Saxena A, Anil OM, Juneja R. Clinical and echocardiographic outcome in patients receiving carvedilol for t[nepal]esereatment of dilated cardiomyopathy. The Indian Journal of Pediatrics. 2013 Jul 1;80(7):549-54.
- Poudel CM, Gajurel RM, Barkoti M, Acharya SM, Anil OM Complete heart block in Acute Rheumatic fever Nepalese Heart Journal. Vol.9 | No. 1 | November, 2012
- Gupta SK, Saxena A, Anil OM, Bisoi AK. Thrombus in Right Ventricular Outflow Tract: Unique Cause of Refractory Cyanotic Spell. Congenital heart disease. 2012 Jul;7(4): E56-8.
Abstracts Presented in International Conference
- Anil OM, Bhattarai N, Nepal B. Scorpion sting induced reverse Tako Tsubo Cardiomyopathy. Nepalese Heart Journal 2012
- Anil OM, Nepal S. An eye opener for the cardiologist. Nepalese Heart Journal 2012
- Shrestha H, Anil OM, Sayami A. A rare case of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus presenting as Cardiac Tamponade. Nepalese Heart Journal 2012
- Anil OM. Lightning Induced Myocarditis. Nepalese Heart Journal 2011
Ma Pani Doctor
He has written a book named “Ma Pani Doctor” in the Nepali language with sufficient pictorial illustrations which easily convey the message to the readers. It is aimed to increase public awareness about health and disease. Book highlights on diet, exercise, and lifestyle to provide important information to prevent heart disease. It also helps health workers and paramedics to understand various medical conditions and particularly heart disease.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Members Detail". Cardiac Society of Nepal.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery". GRANDE INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Consultant Cardiologist". Health Clinic.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Hamro Doctor". Hamro Doctor.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Consultant Cardiologist".
- Anil, Om Murti (May 3, 2018). "Youths are at risk of heart disease: Dr. Anil (with video)". myRepublica.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Hypertension a growing concern among youth". Himalayan Times.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Doctor writes book for commoners". Kathmandu Post.
- Anil, Om Murti. "NMC". Nepal Medical Council.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Members". IOM.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Seminar on Heart Diseases in Nepal". Nepal Heart Foundation.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Govt prepared for emergency situations".
- Anil, Om Murti. "Hypertension risk in urban population".
- Anil, Om Murti. "At least two Nepalis die abroad daily".
- Anil, Om Murti. "For a healthy festival".
- Anil, Om Murti. "Doctors urge all to maintain healthy heart".
- Anil, Om Murti. "Cardiovascular disease survey to be held in Nepal".
- Anil, Om Murti. "May 3: 6 things to know by 6 PM today".
- Anil, Om Murti. "World Hypertension Day: Hypertension becoming a major health problem".
- Anil, Om Murti. "Mission to Save Heart".
- Anil, Om Murti. "Grande's 'Health for All' project".
- Anil, Om Murti. "11-day heart camp begins".
- Anil, Om Murti (2016). "Syncope: Approach to diagnosis". Journal of Clinical and Preventive Cardiology. 5 (3): 84.
- Anil, Om Murti (24 August 2016). "Outcome of Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Acute Myocardial Infarction Patients Presenting with Cardiogenic Shock". Journal of Institute of Medicine.
- Anil, Om Murti (January–July 2016). "Angiographic study of Coronary Artery Dominance in Nepalese Population". Journal of Nobel Medical College. 5 (8).CS1 maint: Date format (link)
- Anil, Om Murti (December 2014). "Evaluation of Ejection Fraction in Patients with Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy by Two and Three Dimensional Echocardiography". Journal of Institute of Medicine.
- Anil, Om MUrti (2015). "Gender Difference in Presentation, Management and In-hospital Mortality in St Elevation Myocardial Infarction in a Tertiary Cardiac Center". Journal of Nobel Medical College. 4.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in Prehypertensive Urban Adult Population" (PDF).
- Anil, Om Murti (2014). "Early outcome of 212 coronary angioplasty procedures our experience at Manmohan Cardiothoracic Vascular and Transplant Centre" (PDF). Nepal Medical Coll J.
- Anil, Om Murti (July 2013). "Clinical and Echocardiographic Outcome in Patients Receiving Carvedilol for Treatment of Dilated Cardiomyopathy". 80 (7).
- Anil, Om Murti (2012). "Complete heart block in Acute Rheumatic fever". Nepalese Heart Journal. 9.
- Anil, Om Murti (2012). "Thrombus in right ventricular outflow tract: unique cause of refractory cyanotic spell". Wiley Online Library. 7 (4).
- Anil, Om Murti. "Thrombus in right ventricular outflow tract: unique cause of refractory cyanotic spell".
- Anil, Om Murti. "Scorpion sting induced reverse Tako Tsubo Cardiomyopathy" (PDF). Nepalese Heart Journal.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Scorpion sting induced reverse Tako Tsubo Cardiomyopathy" (PDF). Nepalese Heart Journal.
- Anil, Om Murti. "Just what the doctor ordered".
This article "Om Murti Anil" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Om Murti Anil. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.