Open Space Program
|Developer(s)||Kerbal Space Program community|
|Initial release||June 17, 2017|
|Written in||C, C++, C#, GDScript|
|Operating system||Windows, OS X, Linux, BSD|
|Type||Space flight simulation|
Open Space Program (OSP) is a free and open-source, space flight simulation video game developed by the Kerbal Space Program community. It is an effort to make a copy of the Kerbal Space Program and developed after members of the KSP community were displeased at the acquisition of KSP by Take-Two Interactive. It is currently being worked on by a group of individuals who volunteer their time and skill. It is unclear how it is actually started, but one post and the next day post at KSP subreddit may suggest how it is actually started, although it is not directly lead to the development of OSP. As of February 2018, the game is currently in pre-alpha version. They currently experimenting on different game engines such as Unreal Engine 4, Unity, Godot, Ogre, Urho3D and Blender, with no official codebase. The game will have functionality from KSP and some of the features which is not available from KSP will be implemented. Existing KSP mod would likely not compatible due to legal issue and game compatibility. Windows, Linux, OS X and BSD will likely be supported for the game, and potential support of Android, with a fairly lightweight version of OSP with simpler base mods.
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topics Free software AND Open-source software : Linux
Others articles of the Topics Free software AND Video games : PPSSPP, OpenRiichi
Others articles of the Topic Free software : Ultrix Window Manager, DHTMLX, bspwm, IPFire, Open-source-software movement, Kloxo-MR, X.Org Foundation
Others articles of the Topic Open-source software : tomsrtbt, Linux
Others articles of the Topic Video games : BloodyCheckers, List of games with DirectX 10 support, Games for the Many, List of games with DirectX 11 support, Comedy, Video game, Kevin Horton
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
- KSP community. "Open Space Program". Retrieved 2018-02-18.
- Program, Open Space. "FAQ - Open Space Program". Open Space Program. Retrieved 2018-02-18.
- "We should explore the idea of an open source alternative to KSP • r/KerbalSpaceProgram". reddit. Retrieved 2018-02-18.
- "I would totally pay to kickstart an open source alternative to KSP developed by the prominent modders. • r/KerbalSpaceProgram". reddit. Retrieved 2018-02-18.
- "OSP features". Google Docs. Retrieved 2018-02-18.
- "Will mods from stock KSP be compatible? • r/OpenSpaceProgram". reddit. Retrieved 2018-02-18.
- "PollJunkie.com - Which operating system you would like to see supported in Open Space Program?". www.polljunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-02-18.
- "Which operating system you would like to see supported in Open Space Program? • r/OpenSpaceProgram". reddit. Retrieved 2018-02-18.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Open Space Program" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Open Space Program. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.