Oscar David Albayalde
Oscar David Albayalde
San Fernando, Pampanga
|Other names||ODI, Sir OCA|
University of the Assumption |
Philippine Military Academy (class of 1986)
Manuel L. Quezon University
|Occupation||National Capital Region Police Office Regional Director, Police Director|
|Years active||1986 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Cherrylyn A. Albayalde|
Early life and education[edit | edit source]
Albayalde was born on November 8, 1963 in San Fernando, Pampanga. He studied at San Fernando Elementary School and Pampanga High School before attending University of the Assumption, Pampanga in 1980. In 1982, he left the university to join the Philippine Military Academy and graduated in 1986 as part of PMA Sinagtala class. He graduated Top 7 and was awarded Cum Laude of his class. He was also a Dean, Academics and Superintendent lister. In 1996, he attended Manuel L. Quezon University and earned a Masters of Public Administration degree.
Police career[edit | edit source]
Early career, 1986—2014[edit | edit source]
After graduating in the Philippine Military Academy, Albayalde's career in public service started with the Philippine Constabulary Special Action Force on June 23, 1986. He also held positions in Central Luzon (Region 3) where he spent sixteen (16) years. Among these positions are: Provincial Director, Pampanga Provincial Police; City Director, Olongapo City Police Station; Chief, Regional Intelligence Division; Chief, Regional Operations and Plans Division; Chief, Regional Police Community Relations Division; Chief, Regional Investigations Division; and many others.
Camp Crame, 2014—2016[edit | edit source]
Before Albayalde became NCRPO's Regional Director, he served various Police/Military Major Designations. He was the Chief at the United Nations Peacekeeping Operation Center (UNPOC) (December 2014—March 2015); Chief, Organization Development Division (ODD) (March 2015—Feb 2016); Executive Officer–Directorate for Plans (February—June 30, 2016).
Police Director of the NCRPO, 2016—Present[edit | edit source]
On July 1, 2016, Albayalde was promoted to lead the regional police office, NCRPO. In July 2016, Albayalde led the security preparation for the first State of the Nation Address of the current President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte at Batasang Pambansa Complex, Quezon City where he deployed 16,900 police.  On December 7, 2016, Albayalde was promoted to the 2-star rank of police.
He also deployed 1,500 policemen inside and outside the venue of the Miss Universe Pageant at the Mall of Asia Arena last January 2017. They were also on high alert due to the possible retaliation of ISIS-inspired terror groups in Mindanao, after government troops killed the leader of terror group Ansar Al-Khilafa in an encounter in Sarangani earlier that month.
Police and Military trainings[edit | edit source]
Albayalde attended police and military trainings and courses from both local and international institutions; he took a National Development Course in Fu Hsing Kang College in Taiwan; International Humanitarian Law; International Drugs in Tucson, Arizona, United States; Crisis Response Team Training Course in Prince George's County, Maryland; VIP Protective Security Course in Marana, Arizona; Executive Motorcycle Riding Course; Orientation Workshop On Crisis Management for Local Government; Workshop On Case Management For Philippine National Police Provincial Directors; Senior Leadmen Course; Provincial/City Directors Executive Course; Gender Equality as Smart Management; Training on Child Pornography Investigations; Executive Course on National Security; Course on Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing; Interdicting Terrorist Organization; Foundation of National Security; Laws and Jurisprudence; Public Administration and Governance; Jump Master Course; and Marine Airborne Course and Close Quarters Combat Course.
Awards and decorations[edit | edit source]
Albayalde received 58 medals and recognition from both the PNP and non-governmental organizations; one of these was in 1989 when he gained his first Gold Cross Medal, the fourth-highest military award in the Philippines.
Other medals and recognitions:
- 22 Medalya ng Kasanayan
- 13 Medalya ng Kagalingan
- 3 Medalya ng Kadakilaan (PNP Heroism Medal)
- 2 Medalya ng Papuri with 1st Silver Sampaguita Cluster
- 2 Medalya ng Pagtulong sa Nasalanta
- PNP Outstanding Achievement Award (Medalya ng Natatanging Gawa)
- Medalya ng Paglilingkod with Silver Service Star
- Military Merit Medal
- Military Commendation Medal
- Medalya ng Kasanayan w/ 1st Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
- Medalya ng Kasanayan w/ 3rd Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
- Medalya ng Papuri w/ 2nd Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
- Medalya ng Papuri w/ 3rd Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
- Medalya ng Papuri w/ 4th Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
- Medalya ng Mabuting Asal
- Medalya ng Mabuting Asal 1st and 2nd Bronze Anahaw Leaf
- Medalya ng Ugnayang Pampulisya
- Luzon Campaign Medal w/ Bronze Service Star
- Visayas Campaign Medal
- Anti-Dissidence Campaign Medal Ribbon
Personal life[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Cupin, Bea Swift change at PNP: New chief announces major revamp, Rappler, July 1, 2016
- Mateo, Janvic (December 4, 2016). "NCRPO, QCPD chiefs get promotion". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Malabanan, Jess (December 14, 2016). "Pampanga produces four PNP directors". Orbit News Online. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Lacson, Bong (December 26, 2017). "1st Kapampangan 2-star cop leads 2016 MOKA conferees". Punto!. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "KAUNLARAN The Official Bulletin od the Rotary Club of Makati" (PDF). Rotary Club of Makati. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Reyes, Lily (December 7, 2016). "SALUDO KAY NCRPO DIRECTOR ALBAYALDE". Remate.
- Caliwan, Christopher Lloyd (July 2, 2017). "Dela Rosa names new PNP officials". Northbound Philippines News Online. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Dela Rosa's classmate is new top Metro Manila cop". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Cantos, Joy (July 24, 2016). "NCRPO full alert na sa SONA". Philstar. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Roxas, Joseph Tristan (July 19, 2016). "NCRPO expects minimal protests on SONA Day". GMA News Online. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "CPNP Ronald "Bato" Dela Rosa, proudly dons the two (2) star rank of Police Director Oscar D Albayalde NCRPO together with Mrs Cherrylyn Albayalde". PNP-NCRPO. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Cahiles, Gerg (January 27, 2017). "Police on alert for Miss Universe grand coronation". CNN Philippines. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Peralta-Malonzo, Third Anne (January 29, 2017). "PNP suspends gun permits in 2 cities ahead of Miss Universe coronation". Sun Star Manila. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Santos, Raffy (January 30, 2017). "PNP says Miss Universe event generally peaceful". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "KAUNLARAN The Official Bulletin of the Rotary Club of Makati" (PDF). Rotary Club of Makati. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- "30 policewomen binigyang parangal". Pressreader. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "NCRPO fetes 30 policewomen". Philstar. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "NCRPO goes on 'spiritual nourishment'". Journal Online. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
This article "Oscar David Albayalde" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Oscar David Albayalde/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.