Overly Sarcastic Productions
Script error: No such module "Draft topics". Script error: No such module "AfC topic".
Overly Sarcastic Productions
|Associated acts||Hello Future Me, LudoHistory|
|Contents are in||English|
|Updated June 8th, 2023|
Overly Sarcastic Productions (OSP) is a YouTube channel which focuses on history, mythology, and storytelling. The channel was created on April 7th, 2011 and is hosted by two friends under the pseudonyms Red and Blue. Red makes videos about literature and mythology. Blue makes videos about history. Videos on the channel are usually animated by Red, who has an art style reminiscent of the chibi art style. Both host a podcast with Blue's editor, who goes by the pseudonym Indigo, and occasionally also with Blue's wife, Cyan. They also occasionally post let's play videos to the channel and there have been several music related videos released on the channel. Red and Blue have leveraged their channel to raise significant amounts of money for charity, and have, according to them, personally donated over fifty thousand (50,000) USD to charity.
Red first formed OSP while she was still in high school. Her first video was titled Shakespeare Summarized: Much Ado About Nothing, and was posted on December 18th, 2012 as an assignment for her high school English class. As of June 2023, it has over 1.1 million views. The channel was originally entirely devoted to summaries of works by William Shakespeare, but later branched out to encompass other classical pieces, like the Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri and the Iliad by Homer. Blue, whose real name is Gregory Kerr, first posted a video to the channel on March 12th, 2015. It was titled History Summarized: The Athenian Empire and is now unlisted, though it can still be accessed via the "Bad History" playlist located on OSP's channel. Red and Blue had known each other since high school, but Blue only became part of the channel after both were enrolled in college. Blue allegedly was inspired to create his first video after having received a lecture about the Athenian Empire given by Professor Loren J. Samons of Boston University. On August 9th, 2016, Red and Blue announced that, in honor of their channel reaching 10,000 subscribers, they would be releasing their first merchandise.
Blue graduated magna cum laude from the Boston University College of Arts and Sciences with majors in classics and philosophy and minors in economics and Core interdisciplinary studies in May of 2018.
Red, on the other hand, attended the University of Chicago and received a degree in mathematics, though it appears that at one time during her college career she was planning on double-majoring in computer science and mathematics.
Red and Blue are both openly asexual. Blue is married to Cyan, who is also asexual. Blue and Cyan own a cat together. Blue grew up in Chicago, Illinois which, as he attended the same high school as Red, likely means that so did she.
Red creates a fantasy webcomic called Aurora. It can be found here.
Blue wrote a book called Philosophical Phridays. This is a link to its Goodreads page.
- "Overly Sarcastic Productions - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2023-06-08.
- TEN YEARS of OSP – Detail Diatribe, retrieved 2023-06-08
- "A Conversation with Alumnus Gregory Kerr | Core Curriculum". www.bu.edu. Retrieved 2023-06-08.
- Shakespeare Summarized: Much Ado About Nothing, retrieved 2023-06-08
- WE HAVE MERCH NOW (10K SUBSCRIBERS!!), retrieved 2023-06-08
- "Gregory Kerr – Boston University Fencing Club". Retrieved 2023-06-09.
- "About". Overly Sarcastic Productions. Retrieved 2023-06-09.
- Travel Summarized: Blue goes to Greece, retrieved 2023-06-09
- Q&A!, retrieved 2023-06-09
- How Red Learned She's Asexual || OSPodcast Episode 11, retrieved 2023-06-09
- Blue Comes Out As Asexual || OSPodcast Episode 29, retrieved 2023-06-09
- "https://twitter.com/OSPyoutube/status/1459629625714298880". Twitter. Retrieved 2023-06-09. External link in
- The Cleo Cameo, retrieved 2023-06-09
- "https://twitter.com/OSPyoutube/status/1523695943278686208". Twitter. Retrieved 2023-06-27. External link in
- Error:No page id specified on YouTube
- Philosophical Phridays Goodreads page
- Animus Island Podcast's channel on YouTube
This article "Overly Sarcastic Productions" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Overly Sarcastic Productions. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.