Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Type of business||Private company|
Type of site
|News and Entertainment|
|Founded||3 October 2013|
|Owner||The LADbible Group Ltd|
|Key people||Alexander Solomou (co-founder and CEO)|
Arian Kalantari (Director)
|Employees||120 (January 2017).|
|Alexa rank||60 in UK (September 2017)|
PRETTY52 is a female focused social media publisher with headquarters on Dale Street in Manchester's Northern Quarter, United Kingdom. PRETTY52 is part of LADbible Group and describes itself as "the home of women's entertainment, viral video, celebrity news & showbiz gossip".
While studying at Leeds University between 2009 and 2013, Solomou developed the idea for a digital media business. On 3 April 2012 Solomou founded PRETTY52's parent company The Lad Bible Limited and subsequently launched a female-targeted social publishing brand, PRETTY52 in October 2013. The PRETTY52 Facebook page was setup on 8 July 2011. In November 2015 it had around 1 million followers. PRETTY52 launched a new female-targeted website in 2015 and in 2016 the company said that PRETTY52 was "the fastest growing title in the LADbible portfolio". The Facebook page now has more than 4.5 million followers making it the 3rd largest brand in the LADbible Group.
Content and Campaigns
PRETTY52 produce a wide range of original and user generated content – spanning video, editorial and live. Video is one of the most popular forms of content and in July 2017 PRETTY52 ranked No. 10 in Tubular's top overall UK video creators with over 416 million video views in total.
In 2016, PRETTY52 supported a campaign by ActionAid UK to raise awareness of female genital mutilation (FGM) by reaching several million fans.
In The Press
On 13th June 2016, PRETTY52, hosted a Facebook live event of the vigil at Canal Street in Manchester for the victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting which was watched by more than 627,000 people.
When PRETTY52 shared a video created by 18 year old Chloe Jones from Morley, Leeds they turned this teenager into a "overnight social media sensation after puntastic Facebook video racks up 41 million views". This news story was also featured in The Sun.
- "The Lad Bible seeks 40 more UK staff in recruitment drive ahead of 'global expansion'". PressGazette. 31 January 2017. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- "pretty52.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "About Pretty52 - LADbible Group". LADbible Group. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "@pretty52 • Instagram Followers". Retrieved 2017-08-31 – via Instagram.
- "PRETTY52 Twitter Followers". Twitter. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "PRETTY52 Facebook Followers". Retrieved 2017-08-31 – via Facebook.
- "Inside The Lad Bible's Viral Web Empire". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "THE LADBIBLE GROUP LIMITED – Overview (free company information from Companies House)". companieshouse.gov.uk. 2012-04-03. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "PRETTY52 LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Pretty 52". Retrieved 2017-08-31 – via facebook.
- "How the Lad Bible has filled the void left by lads' mags". The Independent. 2015-11-20. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Lad Bible is striving to branch out beyond its blokey name". The Independent. 2016-02-27. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Tubular". Tubular Labs. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Clear Channel UK » #BrutalCut campaign raises awareness of FGM". clearchannel.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "'People have shown up for the party': How the Lad Bible uses Facebook Live - Digiday". Digiday. 2016-07-07. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Pretty 52". Retrieved 2017-08-31 – via Facebook.
- "Watch: Leeds teen's shock as video goes viral". Yorkshire Evening Post. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- Bazaraa, Danya (2017-03-21). "Brit teen becomes social media hit after video racks up 41 MILLION views". mirror. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Teen girl's pun-tastic Facebook video turns her into an overnight sensation". The Sun. 2017-03-21. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
This article "PRETTY52" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:PRETTY52. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.