Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Industry||Internet Service Provider|
Paknet Limited, a fully owned Subsidiary of Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd, is the biggest Internet Service Provider in Pakistan. Besides Internet Paknet also provides data communication services like Clear Channel data links, Frame Relay and Digital Circuits on Optical fiber cross connect systems etc. From December 31, 2007 Paknet Limited has been merged into to PTCL and now all assets and users are managed by PTCL Internet Division.
According to an official survey conducted by the telecom regulator PTA (results of which appeared 3 July 2006), Paknet enjoys the number 1 or number 2 position in 75% regions of Pakistan for its quality of services. The company has taken its ranking up by an average of 7 positions in metropolitan cities like Karachi and Lahore.
Paknet made a fresh start with an Internet customer base of 6000 as of January 2000 and successfully achieved the target of its first year business plan of 50,000 Internet customers. Currently Paknet has a customer base of more than 1,30,000.
- INSTANT ACCESS 56k dialup
- CORPORATE SERVICES Paknet offers X.25 and Frame Relay Service connectivity for organizations requiring secure data communication between their different sites
- ISDN ISDN provides speed up to 64 kbit/s and 128 kbit/s with low costs. 64 kbit/s supports a network of 20-30 users while 128 kbit/s supports a network of 30-50 users logged to internet at the same time.
- DSL- Provide high speed internet connectivity first in Pakistan.
- Paknet Remain merged to PTCL with their employees and assets on 31-12-2008.
Static IP connectivity dialup customers get their own dedicated IP for their personalized access.
This article "Paknet" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.