Script error: No such module "Draft topics". Script error: No such module "AfC topic".
|Industry||Pulp and Paper|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Richmond, British Columbia,
Area served 🗺️
|Jackson Widjaja (Owner)|
Number of employees
Paper Excellence is a privately held manufacturer of pulp and specialty, printing, writing, and packaging papers with operations in Canada and Brazil. The company is financially based in the Netherlands with its headquarters in Richmond, British Columbia. It is the second largest pulp and paper producer in Canada.
Paper Excellence was founded in 2007 by its sole owner, Jackson Widjaja. That year the company purchased a pulp mill in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, the first of many acquisitions in Canada. By 2010, Paper Excellence owned four pulp mills in British Columbia, as well as mills in Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, and Alberta.
In 2011, Paper Excellence purchased Northern Pulp Nova Scotia, along with its nursery and woodland operation. The company manages 250,000 hectares of forest land and a tree nursery that produces six million seedlings annually.
In 2013, the company bought a pulp mill in Skookumchuck, B.C., from Tembec Inc., followed by the 2014 purchase of Chetwynd Mechanical Pulp Mill. Paper Excellence invested $50 million to modernize the Chetwynd plant, which had been idle since 2012.
By 2015, Paper Excellence had become the second-largest pulp and paper producer in Canada with 7 mills in Canada and 3 in Europe.
In 2017, Paper Excellence expanded their presence to Brazil with the purchase of Eldorado Brasil Cellulose SA. In 2018, the company purchased British Columbia-based Catalyst Paper Corp., a deal the B.C. government said would secure the livelihoods of about 1,500 forest workers in Crofton, Alberni and Powell River.
By 2018, Paper Excellence had the capacity to produce two million tons of pulp a year.
In May 2021 the company acquired Domtar for $3 billion.
Paper Excellence manufactures Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft (NBSK) pulp for the paper industry and Bleached Chemi Thermal Mechanical Pulp (BCTMP), which is used to make packaging, papers, tissues, towels, and other specialty products. Through its Catalyst mills, Paper Excellence also produces printing papers, specialty, and packaging papers.
- Bennett, Nelson (12 May 2015). "Chetwynd mill restart caps company buying spree". Business in Vancouver. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- Magalhaes, Luciana (2 September 2017). "JBS Holding Company Sells Paper-Pulp Maker Amid Scandal". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- St. Denis, Jen (7 May 2014). "Paper Excellence plans to restart Chetwynd mill in July". Business in Vancouver. Retrieved 2 December 2020.
- "Northern Pulp says it's committed to staying in Nova Scotia". The Chronicle Herald. 9 January 2020. Retrieved 27 January 2021.
- "Study shows Northern Pulp economic impact". SaltWire Network. 30 September 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2021.
- "Tembec sells B.C. pulp mill to Paper Excellence Canada Holdings Corp. for $89M". The Canadian Press. 26 March 2013. Retrieved 30 November 2020.
- "Catalyst Paper agrees to sell its mills to Paper Excellence". The Globe and Mail. 9 October 2018. Retrieved 2 December 2020.
- "Domtar being acquired by British Columbia pulp and specialty paper maker". northernontariobusiness.com. 2021-05-11. Retrieved 2021-05-12.
- "Paper Excellence appoints Brian Baarda as CEO," Pulp & Paper Canada, August 15, 2018.
- "Paper Excellence completes acquisition of Catalyst Paper," Pulp & Paper Canada, March 18, 2019.
Category:Pulp and paper companies of Canada Category:Forestry in Canada
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Paper Excellence" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Paper Excellence. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.