|Purpose||Animation films production|
|Richard Van Den Boom|
Papy3D Productions is a french production company specialized in animation films, founded in 2006. It was mainly created by animation directors including Gilles Cuvelier, Franck Dion and Sarah Van Den Boom. Jérémy Clapin and Pierre Caillet joined the list of shareholders in 2011.
The company produces mainly animated films targeting teenager and adult public, though many of its films can be watched by younger audience. It deals with all animation techniques, working with specialized studios depending on the film requirements.
Papy3D Productions was created by animation directors and at first only produced films made by its founders. It's only in 2013, after seven years, that the first external director, Phuong Mai Nguyen was produced by the company. Since then, five other external directors have been produced, including two first films.
The company regularly collaborates with other structures : thirteen of the produced films were completely or partially animated in the Hellemmes-based Studio Train-Train in the north of France; several films were co-produced either locally with JPL Films in Brittany, or internationally, with Hodgson Films and Atom Art. Most of the films were broadcasted on one of the french national channels : Arte France, Canal +, France 2 and France 3.
Richard Van Den Boom, manager of the company, has also been part of the Jury of the Annecy International Animation Festival in 2014.
|2008||Mister COK||Franck Dion|
|2009||The Skeleton-Woman||Sarah Van Den Boom|
|2010||Love Patate||Gilles Cuvelier|
|2012||Edmond Was A Donkey||Franck Dion|
|2014||My Home||Phuong Mai Nguyen|
|2015||In Deep Waters||Sarah Van Den Boom|
|2015||Child Dream||Christophe Gérard|
|2016||The Head Vanishes||Franck Dion|
|2016||The Ogre||Laurène Braibant|
|2017||(Fool Time) JOB||Gilles Cuvelier|
|2018||Raymonde Or The Vertical Escape||Sarah Van Den Boom|
|2019||Riga's Lilac||Lizete Upite|
|2019||Per Aspera Ad Astra||Franck Dion|
|2019||Sororal||Frédéric Even and Louise Mercadier|
Papy3D Productions have been regularly highlighted in France and abroad. Many have won or were nominated for national film academy awards or international institutions. For instance, Roughhouse won the BAFTA For The Best Animation Short Film in 2019. Edmond Was A Donkey has won the Gemeaux Award of the Best Animation Program or Serie in 2013. (Fool Time) JOB has won the Emile Award For The Backgrounds And Character Design in 2018. Riga's Lilac won the Lielais Kristaps Award For The Best Short Film in 2019. The My Home and The Head Vanishes films were short-listed for the Oscars respectively in 2015 and 2016. The Edmond Was A Donkey and Raymonde Or The Vertical Escape films have been nominated respectively in 2013 and 2019 for the Cesar of the Best Animation Short Film. Child Dream has been nominated in the Emile Award For The Backgrounds And Character Design category in 2017.
Raymonde Or The Vertical Escape has won the France Télévisions Award for a short film in 2019 given during the Clermont-Ferrand festival.
Many Papy3D Productions-produced films also won major awards in international festivals: Edmond was a donkey has won the Special Jury Award in Annecy an the Best International Film Tokyo Short Short; Palmipedarium won the Best Professional Short Film Award in Brussels Anima; My Home is the First Prize For An Animated Short Film in Chicago; The Head Vanishes wins the Short Film Cristal in Annecy, is Best Short Film in Miami, Jury's Grand Prix and Best Animation Film in Palm Springs; The Ogre wins the Canal + Award in Annecy et the First Film Award in Hiroshima; (Fool Time) JOB wins the Grand Prix in Uppsala Raymonde Or The Vertical Escape won the World Animation Award in Leeds, is Best Animation Film Award in Vila Do Conde Best Animation Film Award in Brooklyn Finaly, Sororal wins the Short Film Grand Prize in Warsaw.
- "Papy3D Productions sur societe.com". www.societe.com.
- Irena. "European Animation Awards 2018: Emile Winners Announced!". www.caglas.rs.
- "MIAF 2014 Catalogue.pdf - Animatic" (PDF). animaticmag.com.
- "Invitaţi de marcă din Canada, Marea Britanie şi Estonia la cea de-a 14-a ediţie a Animest". www.icr.ro.
- "Jurys 2014site=www.annecy.org".
- Carlos Aguilar. "BAFTA Winners: 'Spider-Verse,' 'Black Panther,' And 'Roughhouse' Are Victorious". www.cartoonbrew.com.
- Stéphanie Vallet. "Gémeaux: Unité 9, plus forte que l'adversité". www.lapresse.ca.
- Mercedes Milligan. "European Animation Awards 2018: Emile Winners Announced!". www.animationmagazine.net.
- Sébastien Leroy. "Culture Le Lillois Gilles Cuvelier récompensé aux Émile de l'Animation". www.lavoixdunord.fr.
- Davide Abbatescianni. "Juris Kursietis' Oleg wins Lielais Kristaps". www.cineuropa.org.
- "Lielais Kristaps Award Ceremony: Best actors – Reinis and Nevarauska, best film – Oļegs". bnn-news.com.
- "10 Animated Shorts Advance In 2015 Oscar Race". Oscars.
- "10 Animated Shorts Advance In 2016 Oscar Race". Oscars.
- Clara Beaudoux. "César 2013 : la liste officielle de toutes les nominations". www.francetvinfo.fr.
- Stéphane Dreyfus. "Césars : « Raymonde ou l'évasion verticale », un film tendre et profond sur la solitude". film-animation.blogs.la-croix.com.
- Léa Dubois. "César 2019: la liste complète des nominations". Le Figaro.
- Jeanne Blanquart. "Emile Awards : 3 films d'animation coproduits dans les Hauts-de-France sont sélectionnés". france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr.
- Véronique Provost. "Prix France Télévisions du court métrage". www.francetvpro.fr.
- John Hopewell, Elsa Keslassy. "'Crulic,' 'Approved' top Annecy". variety.com.
- "Award Winners Official Competition". www.shortshorts.org.
- Aurore Engelen. "Tad l'explorateur et Monsieur Crulic primés à Anima". cineuropa.org.
- "Chicago International Children's Film Festival, VIMOOZ". www.vimooz.com.
- "Le palmarès du Festival du film d'animation d'Annecy 2016". fr.euronews.com.
- "2017 Miami Film Festival Award Winners". miamifilmfestival.com.
- Rebecca Rubin. "Palm Springs International Shortfest Announces 2017 Winners". variety.com.
- Ben Mitchell. "Annecy 2017: Award Winners". www.skwigly.co.uk.
- Dan Sarto. "Sergiu Negulici's 'The Blissful Accidental Death' Takes Hiroshima Grand Prize". www.awn.com.
- Reinhard W. Wolf. "Auszeichnungen Oktober 2018". www.shortfilm.de.
- "Leeds Short Film Awards 2018: The Winners". www.leedsfilm.com.
- "The Fall grabs the main prize at Vila do Conde".
- "Brooklyn Film Festival's 2019 Awards – Andrea Cordoba's SANCTUARY Wins Grand Chameleon Award".
- Vladimir Kozlov. "Dito Tsintsadze's 'Shindisi' Wins Grand Prix at Warsaw International Film Festival". www.hollywoodreporter.com.
- Official website
- Vimeo Showcase of Papy3D Productions-produced films
- Papy3D Productions on IMDb
- Script error: The function "in_lang" does not exist. Papy3D Productions on Unifrance
This article "Papy3D Productions" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Papy3D Productions. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.