|Birth name||Parmish Verma|
|Born||7 March 1986|
Parmish Verma is an Indian Punjabi Singer, and Music Video Director. He started his career in 2011 with film Punjab Boldi. Then he went on to direct some Punjabi music videos and also acted in some of them.
He had won many awards for his music videos including "Best Music Director", "Best Music Video" Awards in 2017 at PTC Punjabi Music Awards. Also, he won "Best Debut Actor" award for his film Rocky Mental at PTC Punjabi Film Awards in 2018 while nominated at Filmfare Awards Punjabi.
Life and career
Parmish Verma was born in a Punjabi Hindu family in Patiala, Punjab. His father is a professor and a renowned Punjabi writer and mother is a housewife. He has one younger brother and an elder sister.
He completed his schooling from Yadavindra Public School, Patiala and then went to Sydney, Australia. There he enrolled for a Diploma in Hotel Management but dropped out and returned to India to be an Actor and Music Video Director and had such a miserable condition where he had to even for at bar washing dishes and eventually with constant hardwork and determination got a well earning job. Later he left the job in Australia and went banck to India to pursue his dream of being an artist.
Parmish first debuted in a 2011 Punjabi movie Punjab Bolda in a minor role. Then he went on to direct some Punjabi music videos and also acted in some of them. But he came into limelight after his song "Le Chakk Main Aa Gya" which crossed 100 million views on YouTube and then "Gaal Ni Kadni" which was a massive hit with 200 million Youtube views.
In 2017, he starred in Punjabi Movie Rocky Mental as a lead role. Also, he won "Best Debut Actor" for his role at PTC Punjabi Film Awards and nomination at Filmfare Awards Punjabi. In 2019, his second film as lead Dil Diyan Gallan co-starring Wamiqa Gabbi and a remake bollywood film Singham, and a period film Zahoor are releasing.
As a Director
Parmish directed some popular videos which includes "Khaab", "Aadat", "Gal Jattan Wali", "Gallan Mithiyan and 3 Peg etc. His all directed songs have a combined views of over 1 billion on Youtube. It was all started from the song "Thokda Reha" by Ninja which was a major hit and marked the beginning of his directing career.
|2017||"Le Chakk Main Aa Gya"||Single||Desi Crew||JUKE DOCK||Jimmy Kotkapura|
|2017||"Gaal Ni Kadni"||Single||Desi Crew||Speed Records||Vicky Gill|
|2018||"Kache Pakke Yaar"||Single||Desi Crew||Speed Records||Mandeep Maavi|
|2018||"Shada"||Single||Desi Crew||Speed Records||Sarba Maan|
|2018||"Rondi"||Single||M Vee||Lokdhun||Sunny Dubb|
|2018||"Chirri Udd Kaa Udd"||Single||M Vee Music||Speed Records||Laddi Chahal|
|2018||"Sab Fade Jange"||Single||Desi Crew||Speed Records||Sarba Maan|
|2017||Rocky Mental||Rocky||Lead Role|
|2019||Dil Diyan Gallan||Releasing on 10 the may with Wamiqa Gabbi|
|2019||Singham||Dilsher singh||Releasing on 9th august with Sonam Bajwa|
|2019||Jinde Meriye||Releasing on 25th october with Sonam Bajwa|
On April 13 2018, Parmish and his friend Kulwant Singh Chahal were shot in the leg by a gangster while returning home in Mohali. He was rushed to the hospital and was safely discharged later. The gangster "Dilpreet Baba", who shot him claimed the responsibility for the attack through a Facebook post. Eventually the shooter got caught.
- "Punjabi singer-actor Parmish Verma discharged from hospital with 24x7 police protection - Times of India ►". The Times of India.
- "All you need to know about the lead actor in Punjabi remake of Singham, Parmish Verma - Entertainment News". www.timesnownews.com.
- "Punjabi remake of Singham starring Parmish Verma to release in 2019". 3 April 2018.
- "Birthday Special! Parmish Verma: Upcoming projects of the singer-actor you can't afford to miss". The Times of India. 3 July 2018.
- "'Dil Diyan Gallan' poster: Parmish Verma turns writer-director for the 2019 release - Times of India". The Times of India.
- DelhiSeptember 15, India Today Web Desk New; September 15, 2018UPDATED:; Ist, 2018 21:15. "Parmish Verma brings the house down at Mind Rocks 2018 Delhi". India Today.
- Editorial, Living India (2017-03-24). "PTC Punjabi Music Awards 2017: Winners List, Parmish Verma awarded as Best Video Director". Living India News. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Kaur, Nimrat (2018-03-30). "Parmish Verma, Rubina Bajwa :Award for the Best Debut at PTC". PTC NEWS. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "Parmish Verma - Best Debut Actor in Leading Role Male Nominee | Filmfare Awards". filmfare.com. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "Who is Parmish Verma? All you need to know about Gaal Ni Kadni singer". The Financial Express. 2018-04-14. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
- "How singer Parmish Verma rose to stardom in Punjab". https://www.hindustantimes.com/. 2018-04-14. Retrieved 2019-03-02. External link in
- Juke Dock, Le Chakk Main Aa Gya (Official Video) Parmish Verma | Desi Crew | Juke Dock |, retrieved 2019-01-27
- Speed Records, Gaal Ni Kadni | Parmish Verma | Desi Crew | Latest Punjabi Songs 2017 | Speed Records, retrieved 2019-01-27
- "Is Parmish Verma's warrior based film Zahoor shelved?". in.com. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "Everything you need to know about Gaal Ni Kadni singer Parmish Verma". 15 April 2018.
- "Ajay Devgn announces release date of Singham's Punjabi remake, starring Parmish Verma, as 9 August- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 2019-03-05. Retrieved 2019-03-17.
- "'Gal Ni Kadni' singer and Punjabi 'Singham' Parmish Verma shot at in Mohali | Bollywood News". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
- "Punjabi singer-actor Parmish Verma who was shot at, discharged from hospital". Zee News. 2018-04-18. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
- "Gangster shoots Punjabi singer Parmish Verma in Mohali; boasts on Facebook - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
- "You're lucky: Gangster brags on Facebook after shooting Punjabi singer". Deccan Chronicle. 2018-04-14. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
- "Punjab Police arrests shooter involved in singer Parmish Verma attack - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-01-27.
This article "Parmish Verma" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Parmish Verma. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.