Some philosophers have commonly used nicknames. All the nicknames on this list have sources that attest to their use.
Nicknames and philosophers
- Artist's Philosopher: Arthur Schopenhauer
- Beekeeper Philosopher: Richard Taylor
- Cowboy Philosopher: Will Rogers
- Father of Logic: Aristotle
- Laughing Philosopher: Democritus
- Longshoreman Philosopher: Eric Hoffer
- Philosopher of Fascism: Giovanni Gentile
- The Philosopher: Aristotle
- Weeping Philosopher: Heraclitus
- "Schopenhauer, Arthur | Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy". Iep.utm.edu. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- Harrie Verstappen (2002-11-09). "Richard Taylor". Cyberbore.com. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "Remembering Will Rogers: 80 years on, how the 'cowboy philosopher' popularized political humor | PBS NewsHour Weekend". Pbs.org. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- Aristotle. "The Works of Aristotle (12 vols.)". Noet.com. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "The Weeping Philosopher vs the Laughing Philosopher(s)". newepicurean.com. 7 January 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- Dirda, Michael (2012-05-09). "Book World: Blue-collar intellectual by 'Eric Hoffer: The Longshoreman Philosopher'". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- Editors, The (1944-04-15). "Giovanni Gentile | Italian philosopher". Britannica.com. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
|This philosophy-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Philosopher nicknames" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Philosopher nicknames. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.