Pradeep C. Adatrow
Dr. Pradeep C. Adatrow, DDS, MSD is an American Dentist who specializes in TMJ/TMD, Dental Implants, Cosmetic Surgery, Sleep Apnea, Periodontics and Prosthodontics. He is board-certified as a Periodontist and Prosthodontist by the American Board of Periondontology. Dr. Adatrow is one of over 12,000 worldwide to become a Fellow of the International School of Dentists. He operates his private practice in Southaven, Mississippi.
Dr. Adatrow began his college studies at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Upon graduation, he entered a three-year residency at the Indiana University School of Dentistry, completing a post-graduate program in Periodontics and Implantology. Dr. Adatrow went on to complete another three-year postdoctoral program in advanced prosthodontics from the University of Tennessee. Dr. Adatrow is board-certified by the American Board of Periondontology and is a Fellow of the prestigious International College of Dentists.
After completing his college studies, Dr. Adatrow moved to Memphis, Tennessee and began teaching at the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry. He currently serves as an Associate Professor and the Head of Surgical Prosthodontics at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. During his teaching career, he has been the recipient of Dean's Junior Faculty Award and the John S. Diggs Nelson Faculty Enrichment Award, among others.
Dr. Adatrow's experience and knowledge aided him in becoming a research mentor and advisor to many dental and post-doctoral students during their training programs both at the University of Tennessee and the University of Memphis. He also served as an Adjunct Faculty at the University of Memphis, Department of Biomedical Engineering. He is also a Consultant Faculty for the Department of Dental Medicine at Lutheran Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York. In addition, he co-founded the Implant Continuum program in 2009, along with Dr. Robert Brandt. Together, they trained many practicing dentists from Florida to Texas to surgically plan and place dental implants.
He is also actively involved in Dental Implant and Surgical Dentistry training for post-graduate students in several programs.
- ACLS, Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Board Certified, American Board of Periodontology
- Certified, IV Conscious Sedation, Indiana University
- FICD, Fellow International College of Dentists
- FAGE, Fellow of Academy of General Education
In 2016, Dr. Adatrow and Advanced Dental Implant and TMJ Center founded The Annual Perio-Endo-Ortho Symposium, which serves as a platform for continuing education for dental professionals in the mid-south region. This one-day symposium attracts over 300 dental professionals, as well as nationally recognized speakers and vendors in the dental industry. The workshop also acts as a fundraising event for various Christian charities, such as the Palmer Home for Children, a Christian-based organization for children and families in Columbus, Mississippi, and Hernando, Mississippi.
Dr. Adatrow and his wife, Jaya, met in 2003 while he was a student at Indiana University School of Dentistry. Following graduation, they moved to Memphis, Tennessee. They currently have two children. Both Dr. and Mrs. Adatrow spend time serving in various organizations and mission camps, along with supporting an orphanage in India. They actively volunteer through the Church Health Center, and Tennessee Smiles. Dr. Adatrow is fluent in English, Hindi, and Telugu.
Research and Editorial Appointments
He was a principal investigator and co-investigator in many research projects conducted at the University of Tennesee, Indiana University, and the University of Memphis. Local and national institutions funded many of his research projects. He also serves as a reviewer for The International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B, and the Journal of Dental Education.
Dr. Adatrow has also co-written several published articles on dental research in professional peer-reviewed journals on Periodontics, Dental Implants, TMJ / TMD, Sedation Dentistry, and Laser Dentistry:
- Emerging Antibacterial Biomaterial Strategies for the Prevention of Pen-implant Inflammatory Diseases.
- Novel naturally crosslinked electrospun nanofibrous chitosan mats for guided bone regeneration membranes: material characterization and cytocompatibility.
- Suture pullout strength and in vitro fibroblast and RAW 264.7 monocyte biocompatibility of genipin crosslinked nanofibrous chitosan mats for guided tissue regeneration.
- Evaluation of biocompatibility and degradation of chitosan nanofiber membrane crosslinked with genipin.
- In vitro and in vivo evaluations of a novel post-electrospinning treatment to improve the fibrous structure of chitosan membranes for guided bone regeneration.
- Short-term objective and subjective evaluation of small-diameter implants used to support and retain mandibular prosthesis. 
- "Board Certified in Periondontology". American Board of Periodontolgy. Unknown parameter
- "Over 12,000 Fellows Worldwide in 122 countries". International College of Dentists. Unknown parameter
- "PERIO-ENDO-ORTHO SYMPOSIUM". Advanced Dental & TMJ Center. Unknown parameter
- "Scientific Articles Co-written by Pradeep Adatrow". Google Scholar. Unknown parameter
- Adatrow, Pradeep; Bumgardner, Joel; Haggard, Warren; Norowski, P Andrew (2011). "Emerging Antibacterial Biomaterial Strategies for the Prevention of Peri-Implant Inflammatory Diseases". The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants. 26 (3): 553–60. PMID 21691602.
- Adatrow, Pradeep; Norowski, PA; Fujiwara, T; Clem, WC; Eckstein, EC; Haggard, WO; Bumgardner, JD (2015). "Novel naturally crosslinked electrospun nanofibrous chitosan mats for guided bone regeneration membranes: material characterization and cytocompatibility". Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. 9 (5): 577–583. doi:10.1002/term.1648. PMID 23166109.
- Adatrow, Pradeep; Norowski, PA; Mishra, S; Haggard, WO; Bumgardner, JD (2012). "Suture pullout strength and in vitro fibroblast and RAW 264.7 monocyte biocompatibility of genipin crosslinked nanofibrous chitosan mats for guided tissue regeneration". Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part A. 100 (11): 2890–6. doi:10.1002/jbm.a.34224. PMID 22696151.
- Adatrow, Pradeep; Bavariya, AJ; Norowski, P Andrew; Anderson, Mark; Garcia-Godoy, F; Stein, SH; Bumgardner, JD (2014). "Evaluation of biocompatibility and degradation of chitosan nanofiber membrane crosslinked with genipin". Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B Applied Biomaterials. 102 (5): 1084–92. doi:10.1002/jbm.b.33090. PMID 24323703.
- Adatrow, Pradeep; Su, Hengjie; Liu, Kwei-Yu; Karydis, Anastasios; Abebe, Daniel G; Wu, Chaoxi; Anderson, Kenneth M; Ghadri, Najib; Fujiwara, Tomoko; Bumgardner, Joel D (2016). "In vitro and in vivo evaluations of a novel post-electrospinning treatment to improve the fibrous structure of chitosan membranes for guided bone regeneration". Biomedical Materials. IOP Publishing. 12 (1): 015003. doi:10.1088/1748-605X/12/1/015003. PMID 27910815.
- Adatrow, Pradeep; Brandt, Robert; Hollis, Scott; Ahuja, Swati; Balanoff, William (2012). "Short-term objective and subjective evaluation of small-diameter implants used to support and retain mandibular prosthesis". Journal of Tennessee Dental Association. 92 (1): 34–8.
This article "Pradeep C. Adatrow" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Pradeep C. Adatrow. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.