Prison Break (season 6)
|Prison Break (season 6)|
|Country of origin||United States|
The sixth season of Prison Break is the second series in a revival of the original drama series, created by Paul Scheuring, that aired on Fox from 2005 to 2009.
Cast and characters
- Dominic Purcell as Lincoln Burrows
- Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield
- Amaury Nolasco as Fernando Sucre
- William Fichtner as Alexander Mahone
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
While the fifth season of the series was promoted as a limited revival series, a potential sixth season had not been ruled out by Fox. In May 2017, Fox Television Group CEO Dana Walden said that the network would "definitely consider doing more episodes," but that the series wouldn’t come back every season, reasoning that they wanted the series to remain "special" with intermittent encores.
On December 12, 2017, series co-lead Dominic Purcell announced via Instagram that season 6 was "in the works." Then on January 4, 2018, Michael Thorn, president of entertainment for Fox, officially confirmed that a "new iteration" was in early development. He clarified that season 6 would not feature an entirely new cast and that both leads, Purcell and Wentworth Miller, were expected to reprise their roles.
On March 11, 2018, series creator Paul Scheuring announced that he had completed writing the script for the first episode. On March 22, he also confirmed that Amaury Nolasco and William Fichtner are set to return, adding, "We're going back to the beginning. Literally the very first frames."
In February 2019, Dominic Purcell (Lincoln Burrows), confirmed that there would be another season and that filming was ongoing.
- Handiman, Jess. "'Prison Break' Season 6 Is 'Going Back To The Very Beginning'". LADbible. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (May 15, 2017). "Prison Break 'Definitely' Could Continue On, Says Fox — As for 24: Legacy..." TVLine.
- Schwartz, Ryan (December 14, 2017). "Prison Break Update: Dominic Purcell Says Season 6 Is 'In the Works'". TVLine. Retrieved December 14, 2017.
- Ausiello, Michael (January 4, 2018). "Prison Break Update: Fox Boss Confirms Season 6 'In Early Development'". TVLine.
- Otterson, Joe (January 4, 2018). "Fox Developing 'New Iteration' of 'Prison Break'". Variety.
- Abrams, Natalie (January 4, 2018). "Fox developing 'new iteration' of Prison Break". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- "'Prison Break' Season 6 Update: Dominic Purcell Confirms Show Renewal; Filming is Ongoing". EconoTimes. March 2, 2019.
This article "Prison Break (season 6)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Prison Break (season 6). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.