|Headquarters 🏙️||Heidelberg Germany|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Primary cell|
Number of employees
PromoCell GmbH is a global biomedical company founded in 1990 and headquartered in Heidelberg, Germany. As manufacturer and supplier of biomedical tools including human Primary Cells, Stem Cells and Blood cells, along with cell culture media, its products are primarily used by academic and industrial scientists for biomedical research. In translational aspects of Stem-cell therapy, the research spans preclinical studies, clinical research and commercialization.
Through the PromoCell Academy the company also supports scientific learning and produces educational material on biomedical subject areas.
PromoCell was founded in 1990 in the southern German city of Heidelberg, in the state of Baden-Württemberg. The company began by isolating and providing human Primary Cells in Europe and the first products were Keratinocytes and Fibroblasts. In the following decades, PromoCell centered on the production and distribution of Cell culture and media.
From 1990 to 2000, the portfolio of somatic cells was expanded to include endothelial cells, muscle cells (Myocytes), bone cells (Osteocytes), fat cells (Adipocytes) and further skin cells.
In 1995, the first (Cytokines) and growth factors were added (25 products).
In 2001, cell biology products were added to the portfolio to offer additional growth factors (Cytokines) for the cell media, as well as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs) for the analysis of cells.
In 2004, the PromoCell Academy was established with a course program focusing on cell culture techniques and molecular biological methods.
By 2006, the portfolio consisted of about 300 products. Company expansion included establishment of a US field sales office.
From 2010, the blood and stem cell portfolio was built up with [[Mesenchymal stem cell]mesenchymal stem cells]] (MSCs), cluster of differentiation (CD) 34+ hematopoietic progenitors, CD14+ monocytes and related media.
In 2017, the Cancer cell culture portfolio was established to provide media for isolation and cultivation of tumor cells (neoplasm) and cell lines. These developments were followed by expansion of the premises and personnel.
Today, the company offers approximately 8,000 PromoCell and cell biology products.
The company is structured in two main brand areas:
- PromoCell – This portfolio includes human Primary Cells, Stem Cells and Blood cells, along with specialized media. Additionally, there are kits for Cancer cell culture and 3D cell culture for the pharmaceutical, biotechnical and biomedical industries. Cell biology products (formely branded as PromoKine) in the portfolio include antibodies, ELISAs, Cytokines, and Growth factors. These products allow investigative and in-depth cell analysis in processes such as Apoptosis, metabolism, and cell viability. Reagents for cell Transfection and fluorescent labeling also belong to the portfolio.
- PromoCell Academy – The PromoCell Academy was founded in 2004. Early courses focused primarily on handling cell culture in the lab, as well as on Molecular biology methods, for example, ELISA, Western blot , polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The aim was to create a training program covering scientific applications of the company’s products, as well as to offer general instruction on cell structure, performance, and interactions. In 2006, PromoCell acquired additional courses and seminars from the Spektrum-Akademie, formerly belonging to Elsevier publishing house. The training emphasis later expanded to include human primary research and stem cell investigations. Courses are available in German and in English.
In 2019, PromoCell was awarded a “Top Job” title through the privately-run Center for Employer Appeal (Zentrum für Arbeitgeberattraktivität, zeag GmbH) in Konstanz, Germany, in cooperation with University St Gallen, Switzerland.
- "Certificate of commercial registration (Handelsregisterauszug)" https://www.online-handelsregister.de/handelsregisterauszug/bw/Mannheim/P/PromoCell+bioscience+alive+GmbH+Biomedizinische+Produkte/4277232
- "PromoCell Academy übernimmt Spektrum Akademie (13.11.2006)" https://www.bionity.com/de/news/59387/promocell-academy-uebernimmt-spektrum-akademie.html
- “Zentrum für Arbeitgeberattraktivität, PromoCell as Top Job Employer (in German)(2019)” https://www.top-arbeitgeber.de/suche/promocell-gmbh.html
This article "PromoCell" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:PromoCell. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.