Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|Industry||Literacy, Literature, Current Affairs|
|Native client(s) on|
Punjnud (Urdu: پنجند) is a current affairs and literary service founded in June 2007 by Waqas Saeed. The site provides content in all major languages of Indian Subcontinent including Urdu, Punjabi (both Shahmukhi & Gurmukhi), Sindhi, Balochi, Pashto, Saraiki and Hindi and currently is the largest source of Unicode based content in local languages of Indian Subcontinent.
Majority of content in local languages of Indian subcontinent is available in the form of scanned books which are extremely difficult to read and not accessible to everyone. Scanned PDF files are also not suitable for use on small size screens especially mobile devices as user is not able to expand the text size instead is only able to expand the page size. To solve this problem Punjnud was launched to make content available in Unicode text which can be universally accessible on both computers and mobile devices without the need of PDF reader.
Initially website was launched in Joomla but there was not enough support available in the CMS at that time to support languages which start from right hand side. Later a decision was made to build our website from scratch which could natively support languages which start from right hand side.
With popularity of mobile devices In 2015 an Android application Punjnud Books was developed which had complete unicode support along with native support of Nastaliq font for better physical book like text visibility. Later iOS application was also launched. To provide easy access to dictionaries available in Punjnud.com an Android app Punjnud Lughaat was developed to provide offline access to all dictionaries available in Punjnud.
First product which was launched by Punjnud.com was a keyboard for Android devices which had complete support of Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto and Balochi languages. Punjnud Books app is currently available in Android, iOS and Amazon appstores however digital books can onlly be purchased in iOS and Android appstores. All applications contains text in [Unicode] format and support Nastaliq font for better readibility. Punjnud Lughaat app is currently only available in Ggoolge Playstore which contain Farhang e Asfia, Saraiki to English, Urdu to English.
- "Sufi Mashal Shaheed, Weak State Syndrome, Writ of the State & Ruleof Law (radio show)". Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- FM, Player, Punjnad - More than Ten Thosand books on fingertip - پنجند ڈاٹ کام پر دس ہزار کتابیں آن لائن, retrieved 2018-05-23
- "نديم ميمڻ". SindhSalamat. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Punjnud Lughaat, Collection Of Regional Dictionaries Of Pakistan - Mobile Tech News". UrduPoint. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Smart Mobile Available In Urdu". Awami Web. 2014-02-10. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "Urdu writing keyboard software". Google Docs. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "Punjnud: Dedicated Urdu Keyboard for Android Devices". propakistani.pk. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Punjnad - More than Ten Thosand books on fingertip". SBS Your Language. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Technologies, Center for Speech and Language. "CSaLT". csalt.itu.edu.pk. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "PunjNud Lughaat - ebooks.i360.pk". ebooks.i360.pk. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "3 Featured Pakistani Apps & Games: March Edition". propakistani.pk. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Punjnud Books: Urdu Literature at Your Fingertips". propakistani.pk. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Official website
- Punjnud Books Android app
- Punjnud Books iOS app
- Punjnud Books Amazon app
- Punjnud Lughaat
- Punjnud Urdu Keyboard
Category:Ebooks publishing services Category:Literay websites Category:Literacy in Pakistan Category:Companies established in 2007 Category:Internet properties established in 2007 Category:Pakistani websites Category:Android (operating system) software Category:IOS software Category:Online books database clients Category:Online book stores Category:Current affairs website of Pakistan Category:Software companies of Pakistan Category:2007 establishments in Pakistan Category:Companies based in Lahore Category:News publishers of Pakistan Category:Urdu books publishers of Pakistan Category:Book publishers of Pakistan Category:Punjabi books publishers of Pakistan Category:Column publishers of Pakistan
This article "Punjnud" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Punjnud. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.