|Headquarters 🏙️||West Hollywood, California, United States|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Pornographic films and internet pornography|
Number of employees
|Website||[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ]|
Rascal Video is a US West Hollywood-based, California gay film studio and producer, that was founded in 1999 when Chi Chi LaRue was introduced to Channel 1 Releasing by pornographic film actor-director Doug Jeffries. LaRue joined Channel 1 Releasing and formed her own gay adult film label, Rascal Video. the first video produced under this name was "Steele Ranger" in 1999. The parent company for distribution is Channel 1 Releasing.
In 2008, Rascal agreed exclusive video on demand rights for their range with GayHotMovies.com.
Rascal is known for discovering some of the most popular porn performers of the genre: Johnny Hazzard, Eddie Stone, Dylan Pierce, Luca DiCorso, Eddie Diaz, Robbie Angel, Jimmy Durano, Matt Summers, Theo Blake, Claudio Martin, Josh Vaughn, Cameron Marshall and more.
The label has also signed exclusives Blake Riley, Jeremy Building, Mitchell Rock, Brent Everett, Benjamin Bradley and Vance Winter.
Rascal Video is the label under Channel 1 Releasing that has produced the most high-end big budget movies, such as “BOLT,” “Wrong Side of the Tracks” and “Taken: To the Lowest Level.”
In 2010, Chi Chi LaRue chose reality television star Steven Daigle of “Big Brother" (Season 10) to star in his first X-rated feature, “Steven Daigle: XXXPosed” for Rascal Video.
- 2002 GayVN Awards winners of Best Music - Gay or Bi, Best Overall Marketing Campaign and Best Packaging for "The Back Row", Best Overall Marketing Campaign.
- 2005 Grabby Awards winner of Best Gay Video with "Wrong Side of the Tracks 1-2".
- 2008 GayVN Awards winner of Best Speciality Release for "When Bears Attack".
- "He's a really big figure in the world of 'erotic cinema'". Philadelphia Inquirer. July 18, 2002.
- XBIZ (5 February 2008). "How to Be a Gay Porn Star". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- DJ Plez (3 September 2004). "Interview with Chi Chi LaRue". Chicagopride.com. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- Cachapero, Joanne (14 May 2008). "Rascal Video Goes On GayHotMovies.com". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "The 16th Annual (2005) Grabby Award Winners". Grabbys - Gay Chicago Magazine. May 27, 2006. Archived from the original on July 9, 2006.
- "Channel 1 Releasing Takes Home 8 GAYVN Awards". XBIZ.
|This pornography-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Rascal Video" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rascal Video. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.