Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Rasul Baksh Rais
|Rasul Baksh Rais|
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Residence||Lahore, Punjab Province, Pakistan|
|Alma mater||Punjab University|
University of California, Santa Barbara
|Known for||Research work on Pakistan studies, New Great Game, writings of political dynamics in Pakistan, and his arguments for Second strike strategy, and nuclear weapons politics|
|Awards||Fulbright Award (1997)|
Rasul Bakhsh Rais (Urdu: رسول بخش رءيس), is a Pakistani political scientist and professor of political science at the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS). He has several publications to his credit, and is currently researching Western Pakistan's geopolitical situation, Pakistan's political dynamics, security, and nuclear weapons political issues.
He has appeared on television to provide assessment of neutral political dynamics in the country, most notably on the Geo News.
Born in Rajanpur, Rais attended the Punjab University in 1967 where he attained a B.A. in 1971, and an M.A. in Political Science in 1973. He secured first position in the M.A. political science examination and was conferred a Gold Medal by the Punjab University for his outstanding contribution to political science.
Rais went to the United States attending the University of California, Santa Barbara where he obtained a PhD in political science. Upon returning to Pakistan, he has been affiliated with the Department of International Relations at the Quaid-i-Azam University. Rasul also taught Pakistan Studies at Columbia University in 1991-94.
He is currently[when?] teaching political science courses at the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) and instructing courses on the theories of democratic transition, American government and politics, and comparative politics.
- Rais, Rasul Bakhsh (2008). Recovering the frontier state war, ethnicity, and state in Afghanistan (1st paperback ed.). Lanham, MD: Lexington Books. ISBN 0739137026. Search this book on
- Rais, Rasul Bakhsh (1994). War without winners : Afghanistan's uncertain transition after the cold war (1. ed.). Karachi u.a.: Oxford Univ. Press. ISBN 019577535X. Search this book on
- Rais, Rasul B. (1987). The Indian Ocean and the superpowers : economic, political, and strategic perspectives (1. publ. in the USA. ed.). Totowa, N.J.: Barnes & Noble. ISBN 978-0389206958. Search this book on
- Nuclear weapons debate
- Rais, Rasul Baksh (November 25, 2008). "Debating First Use". Daily Times Pakistan. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Professor Rasul Rais on Geo News". Geo News. 27 March 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Faculty Details: Dr. Rasul Bakhsh Rais". Quaid-e-Azam University. Qau (Department of Humanities and Social Sciences). Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Lums Biography:Rasul Bakhsh Rais". Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS). Mushtaq Ahmad Gurmani School of Humanities and Social Sciences. Archived from the original on 26 October 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Rasul Baksh Rais". Pakistan Herald. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
This article "Rasul Baksh Rais" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rasul Baksh Rais. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.