Rational Asset Manager
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Linux|
|Type||Integrated development environment|
Search Rational Asset Manager on Amazon.
Rational Asset Manager (RAM) is a collaborative software development asset management solution that supports the reusable asset specification (RAS) and enables organizations to identify, manage and govern the design, development and consumption of software assets, including services as part of a service-oriented architecture (SOA) initiative.
Rational Asset Manager is a development asset management repository that uses the RAS to define, create and modify assets. It provides asset type specific search & governance, and measures asset reuse in development.
Rational Asset Manager handles any kind of asset, such as applications, components, patterns, software that runs systems and products, services, frameworks, templates, etc. Rational Asset Manager includes the following functionality:
Asset upload, download, update, packaging
- Support for asset types, asset categorization, attributes and asset relationships.
Security and access control
- Asset permissions based on groups, roles, users and asset types
- Search using categories/facets/keywords
- File contents search, text, word, powerpoint, ear, war, zip files
Workflow and review boards
- Basic review/approval flow built in with configuration possible through integration with Rational ClearQuest
Metrics and reporting
- Record usage, feedback
- Export delimited file
- Discussions, email and RSS feeds
- Eclipse v3.2 client
- Web Client
- Asset-based development guidance in Rational Method Composer
Create and update asset versions
- Support for Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest and WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
Rational Asset Manager provides several benefits for development organizations.[opinion]
- Supports asset based development, warehousing and asset management
- Allows disparate teams to communicate securely and eliminate rework with asset traceability, categorization and utilization monitoring
- Implement compliant standards related to your intellectual property, providing the right level of access to countries, and/or teams.
- Mitigation of risks and lower costs of meeting compliance mandates by securing Intellectual property
- Straightforward discovery, storage and deployment of services in a service-oriented architecture
- Store information that is useful for collaborating on software development of Assets.
- Provides tools for defining, creating, reviewing and retrieving assets.
- Uses the RAS to describe and classify assets
- Supports any kind of asset – source code, DLLs, documentation, presentations, patterns, process flows, etc.
- Enables you to implement asset based development to and succeed with reuse strategies, cutting development costs.
- Flexible access to assets via an Eclipse or Web client.
- Integrates with other Rational Software and IBM tools, such as Rational System Architect, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest or WebSphere Service Registry and Repository.
- OMG Reusable Asset Specification
- Definitive Software Library
- Free online trial for Rational Asset Manager
- Hello World: Learn how to install and use the Rational Asset Manager Eclipse client
- Product page for Rational Asset Manager
- IBM developerWorks page for Rational Asset Manager
- Asset lifecycle management for service-oriented architectures
- Federated Metadata Management with IBM Rational and IBM WebSphere software
- SOA Governance with Rational Asset Manager Software
- IBM Rational Architecture Management Team Blog
- Rational Asset Manager Information Centers
This article "Rational Asset Manager" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rational Asset Manager. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.