Razoo is a crowdfunding platform that allows nonprofit organizations and individuals to collect donations online. The company is based in Alexandria, Virginia.
Razoo Global Corporation was founded in 2007 to provide underfunded nonprofit organizations with a platform for online fundraising. In 2012, Razoo surpassed $135 million raised on the platform, due in part to its participation in 24-hour "giving events" such as Giving Tuesday. The platform surpassed $450 million raised in 2015. To date, Razoo has hosted over 80 giving events and has surpassed $500 million in donations.
In April 2016, Razoo opened its platform to individuals looking to fundraise for personal causes, such as medical bills, fertility treatments, and pet expenses.
Razoo is a for-profit company that sustains its business by retaining a percentage of donations made on its platform. Razoo retains a 4% platform fee for charitable fundraisers and a 5% platform fee for personal cause fundraisers, plus 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction for credit card processing costs. Razoo does not enforce penalities for failure to meet fundraising goals.
Charitable donations on Razoo are regranted to nonprofit organizations by the Razoo Foundation, a donor-advised fund.
- Virtual volunteering
- "Razoo expands crowdfunding-for-causes platform to support people in need". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- Center, Foundation. "Giving Through Razoo Crowdfunding Platform Surpassed $135 Million in 2012". Philanthropy News Digest (PND). Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- Razoo. "Razoo Launches Charitable Crowdfunding Campaign for Veterans Day". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- "About Giving Days". Razoo.com. February 2017.
- "Crowdfunding Platform Razoo Gets Personal". Tech.Co. 2016-05-02. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- "Razoo Pricing". Razoo.com. February 2017.
- "FAQs". Razoo Foundation. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
This article "Razoo (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.