Red Vox live at TooManyGames, June 2016
|Origin||Staten Island, New York, U.S.|
Red Vox is an American rock band formed in 2015 and based in Staten Island, New York. The band is made up of Vinny (lead vocals, guitar, keyboards), Mike (Drums), Joe, (bass, guitar) and Bill (keyboards, guitar, bass, vocals). Vinny and Mike are the main songwriters of the group and Joe contributes as a producer. Vinny is also known as the creator of the popular streaming group Vinesauce.
In 2003, Mike and Vinny met during college and became friends due to them sharing similar tastes in music. At the time, Vinny had begun learning guitar and started writing songs. After playing in numerous bands for several years, Vinny and Mike would start their own band, Davy's Grey with a friend named Phil. They recorded a 7 song EP in 2009, before disbanding shortly after. Mike and Phil went on to join other bands, while Vinny focused on his streaming channel and group, Vinesauce. Vinesauce has since become quite popular, with multiple streamers other than Vinny. Mike also streams, however he is not part of Vinesauce. As of May 2020, the main Vinesauce channel has 640,000+ subscribers.
In late 2015, Mike and Vinny decided to get back together and form another band. Originally they started as a two-piece, however they soon began working with Joe at Red Room Studios. Soon, Joe and Bill would join the band, beginning as temporary members but later becoming permanent. The name Red Vox is said to have come from a dream that Vinny had.
Red Vox released their debut studio album, What Could Go Wrong on March 29, 2016. The album quickly reached the top three of Bandcamp's most popular releases. In September of the same year, the parody EP Blood Bagel would be released. On December 14, 2017, Red Vox would release Another Light, their second studio album. The album charted at number 13 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart. Three singles came before the album's release: "From The Stars", "In The Garden" and "Reno". A fourth single, "Stranded", came almost a year later and was added to the vinyl release as a bonus track. Their fourth studio album, Realign, was set to release in July 10, 2020. with "Why Can't This Be Easy" as a lead single. and followed by a second single, "Ozymandias," on Feb 21, 2020. and a self-titled track on June 26.
|What Could Go Wrong||—|
|Another Light Demos||
|"There She Goes"||2015||What Could Go Wrong|
|"Trolls And Goblins"||non-album single|
|"From The Stars"||2017||Another Light|
|"In The Garden"|
|"Why Can't This Be Easy"||2019||Realign|
- "VINESAUCE & RED VOX". HEAVY Music & Film Magazine. 2017-08-18. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "No Cigar, by Davy's Grey". Vine. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "vinesauce". YouTube. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "[INTERVIEW] Basking in ANOTHER LIGHT with RED VOX". HEAVY Music & Film Magazine. 2018-01-19. Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- "New Music Monday: Red Vox - Beyond The Stage Magazine". www.beyondthestagemagazine.com. 2016-04-18. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Red Vox release new song, announce new album". Sputnikmusic. 2019-11-01. Retrieved 2020-05-25. Unknown parameter
- Alvernaz, Adam (2020-03-10). "The engrossing sounds of Red Vox's 'Ozymandias' and a discussion with the band's lead vocalist". The Highlander. Retrieved 2020-05-25. Unknown parameter
- "CD - What Could Go Wrong". Red Vox. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- "Another Light". Red Vox. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- "Heatseekers Albums: Up and Coming Musicians Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-11-09.
- "Kerosene Vinyl". Red Vox. Retrieved 2020-05-25. Unknown parameter
- "Blood Bagel". Red Vox. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- "Another Light Demos, by Red Vox". Bandcamp. Retrieved 2018-10-17. Unknown parameter
- Official website
- Red Vox on Bandcamp
- Red VoxLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). discography at MusicBrainz
This article "Red Vox" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Red Vox. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.