Resentment (Kesha song)
|Single by Kesha featuring Sturgill Simpson, Brian Wilson and Wrabel|
|from the album High Road|
|Released||December 12, 2019|
"Resentment" is a song by American singer Kesha featuring Sturgill Simpson, Brian Wilson and Wrabel. It was released as the third single from Kesha's upcoming fourth studio album, High Road on December 12, 2019.
Background and promotion[edit | edit source]
On December 12, Kesha posted about the upcoming release of a new song titled "Resentment". In the post, she stated that she's "been dying to share this incredibly special song". Later that day, she briefly described the making of the song. She described Brian Wilson as "one of my personal musical heroes", said that she had "all the respect in the world" for Sturgill Simpson and described Wrabel as an "insanely talented songwriter".
Composition and lyrics[edit | edit source]
"Resentment" was written by Kesha, Wrabel (who is also featured on the track) Jamie Floyd, and Madi Diaz, while its production was done by John Hill, who also co-produced the two previously-released songs off of High Road. The song is a country-inspired acoustic ballad. The song's lyrics talk about a toxic relationship, with lyrics such as "I don’t hate you, babe, it’s worse than that / Cuz you hurt me, and I don’t react." Kesha described the feeling of resentment as "such a powerful and destructive emotion and in my experience is more complex than hate or anger".
Video[edit | edit source]
The video for "Resentment" premiered on the same day as the track. It was "self-shot by Kesha on her iPhone and paired with a VHS filter" and shows the singer in a hotel room "breaking down and confronting her inner demons in a hotel room, as the song plays over her".
References[edit | edit source]
- Breihan, Tom. "Kesha – "Resentment" (Feat. Brian Wilson And Sturgill Simpson)". Stereogum. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- Shaffer, Claire. "Kesha Sings With Sturgill Simpson, Brian Wilson on Heartbreaking 'Resentment'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- "Resentment is such a powerful and destructive emotion and in my experience is more complex than hate or anger. @BrianWilsonlive is one of my personal musical heroes, so when he said he would collaborate with me on the recording [...]". Twitter. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- "...that moment was one of the most exciting in my career. Still can't even believe it. Then add in Sturgill, who I have all the respect in the world for and admire so so much, as well as my close friend the insanely talented songwriter @Wrabel". Twitter. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- Minsker, Evan. "Kesha Teams With Brian Wilson and Sturgill Simpson on New Song "Resentment": Listen". Pitchfork. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- "Kesha - Resentment (Video) ft. Sturgill Simpson". YouTube. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
This article "Resentment (Kesha song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Resentment (Kesha song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.