Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Restraint (2018 film)
|Directed by||Adam Cushman|
|Screenplay by||Adam Cushman|
|Music by||Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson|
|Edited by||Rosie Nakamura|
|Distributed by||Breaking Glass Pictures|
Search Restraint (2018 film) on Amazon.
Restraint is a 2018 American psychological horror film written and directed by Adam Cushman. The cast features Dana Ashbrook, Caitlyn Folley, Isabella Celaya, Geoffrey Rivas and John Hensley. The film chronicles the story of a young woman who has submerged her violent impulses for years, then moves in with her new husband and his daughter.
Angela Burroughs lives a charmed life. Married to handsome and successful lawyer Jeff Burroughs, Angela is a homemaker whose primary activities are limited to looking after Maddie, Jeff’s daughter from a previous marriage and cooking and cleaning inside their beautiful suburban home. Angela doesn’t have many obligations that cause her to get out of the house besides the occasional trip to the dry cleaners and a few half-hearted attempts to practice yoga or attend writing classes. Angela has no friends, and the unwanted sexual advances of her otherwise indifferent husband are her only form of adult human contact.
Angela begins to develop an obsession with redecorating the spare bedroom. She tears down the wallpaper that’s still hanging on the walls, the last remnant of a miscarriage that Jeff had with his first wife, now estranged. She loses track of entire days and the few responsibilities she has fall by the wayside as this obsession begins to consume her. She grows increasingly antagonistic toward her young stepdaughter.
As the months pass, now an increasingly lethargic Angela starts telling lies about Maddie’s behavior to Jeff. Relations begin to get worse between Angela and Maddie. Angela starts sleepwalking. She wakes up in the middle of the night curled in a ball in the hallway to Maddie and Jeff standing over her. After seeing a therapist, who reveals that she’s off her Zoloft, and that Jeff doesn’t believe in psychiatry, Angela sees a family doctor who informs her she’s eight weeks pregnant.
Jeff and Maddie find out that Angela’s pregnant, and now the spare room has returned to its original purpose as a baby room. When she no longer can attend a writing class because Jeff gets jealous of the male instructor, all of Angela’s time goes back to redecorating the room for the new baby.
The night before Jeff leaves town on a “business trip,” Angela rises from bed in pitch darkness and hovers over her seven year old stepdaughter as she sleeps.
- Dana Ashbrook as Jeff Burroughs
- Caitlyn Folley as Angela Burroughs
- Isabella Celaya as Madison Burroughs
- John Hensley as Rob
- Geoffrey Rivas as Detective Franco
- Omar Salazar as Gas Attendant
- Nell Teare as Mrs. Peterson
Restraint screened at the Rhode Island Film Festival August 10, 2017 and was recommended by festival director Shawn Quirk as one of five "movies not to miss". It received a Grand Prize award for Best Feature.
Breaking Glass Pictures acquired North American distribution rights for Restraint in 2018 and the film was released in the U.S. and Canada November 6th.
- Rhode Island International Film Festival for Best Feature (Adam Cushman, winner)
- Downtown LA Film Festival for Best Director for Narrative Feature (Adam Cushman, winner)
- Maverick Movie Award for Best Actress (Caitlyn Folley, winner)
- Maverick Movie Award for Best Screenplay: Feature (Adam Cushman, winner)
- Maverick Movie Award for Best Picture (nominee)
- Maverick Movie Award for Best Cinematography (Colton Davie, nominee)
- Maverick Movie Award for Best Original Score: Feature (Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson, nominee)
- Quirk, Shawn (August 10, 2017). "R.I. International Film Festival: Five movies not to miss". providencejournal.com. Providence Journal. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- Miska, Brad (October 25, 2017). ""Twin Peaks" Star Dana Ashbrook Featured in Trailer for 'Restraint'". bloody-disgusting.com. Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- Grater, Tom (November 3, 2018). "Devilworks scores North America deals on 'The Axiom', 'Restraint'". Screen Daily. Screen Daily. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Restraint (film)|
Others articles of the Topics Film in the United States AND Horror : Then the Night Comes, Dark Night (2018 film)
Others articles of the Topic Film in the United States : Hollywood, Cinema of the United States, Artur Balder, A Night in New Arabia (1917 film), Dark Night (2018 film), The Suicide Squad, Mark of Death
Others articles of the Topic Horror : Dark Night (2018 film), Then the Night Comes, Children of the Corn: Runaway
Category:2018 films Category:2018 horror films Category:2010s drama films Category:American films Category:American horror films Category:American drama films Category:English-language films Category:Films about lawyers Category:Films shot in California Category:Pregnancy films Category:Psychological horror films
This article "Restraint (2018 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Restraint (2018 film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.